PM admires Christ Benjakul a role model for people with disabilities

rooster59

PM admires Christ Benjakul a role model for people with disabilities

post-247607-0-24840000-1469254848_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha admired a former Thai actor who became a victim of drunk driver while trying to assist a car crash victim on the street over 10 years ago, saying he is a good role model of the people with disabilities as he never gave up to his physical disability but fought to regain his new life with success and help the others to have confidence to live on.

The prime minister was referring to Mr Christopher Benjakul, now manager of the bakery shop “60 plus bakery by Yamazaki & APCD” when he addressed the nation on his “Returning Happiness to the People” programme on TV last night.

He cited Mr Christopher when he divulged the government’s plan to help people with disabilities to live on in the societies with pride.

He said what this bakery shop ran by Mr Christopher is doing has contributed partly to the government’s effort to develop the potential of the people with disabilities to live on with happiness and depend on themselves.

He said over 80℅ of staff at the shop are people, either physically, sighting, hearing or autistic disabled.

He said what Mr Christ is doing is corresponding with the effort of the government to help these people to live on by themselves and not to be the burden of others under its “Pracharat” policy.

He said Mr Christ has done a great job in helping fellow citizens with disabilities.

He is a role model for them who never give up to his disabilities suffered from the car crash.

Gen Prayut then encouraged the private to give more opportunities to these people as the bakery shop has proved that people with disabilities could do the job well if they are given chances.

He stressed that his government has determined to help people with all types of disabilities, citing a project called “From Street to Stars” or S2S whereas people with sighting disability but with singing or musical skills are allowed to perform shows on the streets freely without be considered street begging under the new law on street begging which will be enforced July 28.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-admires-christ-benjakul-role-model-people-disabilities/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-23

"Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha admired a former Thai actor who became a victim of drunk driver while trying to assist a car crash victim on the street over 10 years ago, saying he is a good role model..."

Now Mr. PM, why don't you become a good role model and insist that all drunk drivers as well as those committing other vicious acts will be prosecuted, tried and punished to the full extent of the law, no matter how rich and powerful their families are.

I assisted in a car crash accident once (in Thailand) and got told off by many people afterwards for doing so. They said that the person injured could blame you for the accident to the police and make you pay for their hospital fees.

Edited by Wilsonandson

Pity they couldn't find someone, who looks Thai, to hold up as a role model.

Did you have someone in mind that looks "Thai"? I must admit he does not look Asian at all.

BTW Christopher is a baker, thus he really is a roll model.

The former kind-hearted actor, Christopher was hit by a motorcycle when he was trying to help another victim in a road accident.

That was almost 13 years ago.

Now he returned again but as a manager, PR and cashier at the 60 Plus Bakery under the patronage of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

The bakery hires people with disabilities, such as those with hearing deficiency and autism, as a bid to give them a chance to have a real job.

Apart from taking care of the shop he is also a PR officer at the Asia-Pacific Development Centre on Disability.

post-80674-0-46684300-1469304240_thumb.j

Edited by Enoon

I wish Mr Christ all the best in his business and may his loaves feed the multitudes.

Didn't the PM say something about those who eat rice and those who eat bread ?

Yes, these are recent quotes from DL.

Prayuths Rice Krispies.

“We should preserve Thai culture of eating rice instead of teaching Thais to eat bread,” Prayut said during his weekly TV programme Friday night.

He said foreign athletes now eat rice as source of energy while Thais have started shunning rice.

“I would like to promote Thais to eat rice and would like the entire global populations to eat rice,” Prayut said.

A disabled bread seller, endorsed by the PM.

I guess he will live longer than the poor disabled bread seller fellow hacked up by the thug offspring of thug cops a few month ago.

Just a glance at the main photo can pretty well assure you he's very safe.

Years ago, one of the things I greatly admired about Thailand was how forcefully and quickly the nation implemented basic education for individuals with exceptionalities...no doubt because a member of the Royal Family has a disability...I don't know how successfully the education system has achieved their stated goals, but their effort was quite impressive at the time...

I know KFC in Thailand is trying to bring more workers with disabilities to their stores. The store at Times Square on sukhumvit hires hearing impair workers

I think 7-11 should do the same as well, given that their locations are pretty much in every nook and cranny in Thailand, it helps people with disabilities to be able to reach a work place close to their homes. The 7-11 in Taiwan hires a lot of disability workers, especially ones with high functioning autisim