Do you keep a diary?

sipi

Or have you ever kept a diary?

I can't remember what I did yesterday but sometimes I wish I had written a few things down.

I have been reading some diary entries from some ancestors and am finding them most interesting.

Maybe in the new age of social media, diaries are a thing of the past.

No, but I wish I had. I began my travel adventures at the age of 19, which is many, many years ago, so I'm sure a lot of experiences have long been forgotten unfortunately, so a diary would have been a nice thing in which to have recorded experiences.

Edited by giddyup

my mother kept a diary for years, it was placed on top of the fridge and she would enter the morning temperature, who was home, who got drunk last night, what everyone did or not did, etc.

once she started traveling these books shrunk in size but expanded in content. i - as a result of her vigilance - now have records of the day my first daughter was born (she is 29 years old now!).

i gave this daughter those books, i have not heard back from her about them. they would be difficult to read, written in half arabic /half old german.

my father, a traveling salesman, once got arrested right in front of me - i was 11 or so - for having done a hit-and-run.

it was his meticulously kept diary that proved he was not where he was supposed to have been.

and NO, after all this, i do NOT keep a diary.

just tick me off as stupid, ok?

No - I don't - my Daughter in the US used to keep a journal of events & observations.....She's no longer with us and I'm not sure what happened to them.....

Guess I could always go back & read through my TVF posts - - - - gawd....

My great great aunt from the 1800's did, along with drawings of things they experienced going east to west.....Everything from ships, flowers, spices, indians, structures, indigenous people on horseback, scenery, prairie schooners......It was a treasure.....I gave it to my oldest daughter to care for.....Hopefully she has preserved it......

Rightfully should be in a museum somewhere.....

Edited by pgrahmm

No - I don't - my Daughter in the US used to keep a journal of events & observations.....She's no longer with us and I'm not sure what happened to them.....

Yeah as much as I hate Facebook it does have it's advantages.

Car cam + battery pack. Just record everything 24/7. Your entire life on video.

Weren't too many of those around in the 60's.

If there were they'd have hollowed it out & made a hash pipe out of it....

I keep a diary, I record down important stuff, even stuff that might seem trivial.

My wife often pulls one of my past yearly diaries out from 10-15 years ago and we remind ourselves about where we were 12 years ago today etc.....always good for a laugh.

I've even got my old work diaries, some interesting reading in there 55555

One day after I'm gone, they can go in the bin or maybe someone might read them, I don't really care.

Today everyone keeps a diary, we can track every movement you make online. Every comment you make, every e-mail, every transaction, doctor appointment, it's all there. If you want it.

I work for a EPC company and around 20 years ago I had my first involvement with arbitration and my diary turned out to be a key component in the company limiting their loses. So a pat on the back for me and it was onward and upwards.

I have to say though, I was not a willing or a diligent diary keeper in the beginning, but it is a company requirement.

My great great aunt from the 1800's did, along with drawings of things they experienced going east to west.....Everything from ships, flowers, spices, indians, structures, indigenous people on horseback, scenery, prairie schooners......It was a treasure.....I gave it to my oldest daughter to care for.....Hopefully she has preserved it......

Rightfully should be in a museum somewhere.....

Wouldn't call it a diary but for years I used a Franklin Planner which covered professional, social, & the family areas of life with regard to events & relevant thoughts and observations....Mostly geared for going forward.....Duly cataloged & stored for reference.....

But not so much the anecdotal musings that I think would be more "diary" material.....

I regret not keeping travel diaries and taking photos in my younger years.

Things like backpacking through Iran, Syria when it safer.

I can vividly remember the smells of the coke burner heaters on the Trans Siberian train but can't recall much else.

At the end of the day it probably means nothing to anyone else.

I also regret not keeping a personal diary, although I do have notes in my company one, but it's not the same.

I often get asked about how things were here when I first came and even though I did not keep a diary, I have 100's of photos and fortunately they are date stamped and they jog the old memory.

Considering my blog and FaceBook, as well as my photos, I think a diary would be overkill.biggrin.png

Don't forget you're nude streaking site where you photoblog yourself naked at world famous sites like SYDNEY Opera House, Eiffel Tower etc etc......or wait a sec, were you keeping that private ?

:P

Edited by neverdie

I regret not keeping travel diaries and taking photos in my younger years.

Things like backpacking through Iran, Syria when it safer.

I can vividly remember the smells of the coke burner heaters on the Trans Siberian train but can't recall much else.

At the end of the day it probably means nothing to anyone else.

I regret not having photos. I have no photos,?rather next to no photos prior to getting married, I just didn't have a camera or interest in that sort of thing. It's a shame because I was so handsome

I work for a EPC company and around 20 years ago I had my first involvement with arbitration and my diary turned out to be a key component in the company limiting their loses. So a pat on the back for me and it was onward and upwards.

I have to say though, I was not a willing or a diligent diary keeper in the beginning, but it is a company requirement.

I have been recording my thoughts in diaries since the 1970's. I write in mine every day. I am a writer anyway and authored 12 books. I am currently writing my thirteenth book which will be on amazon sometime this year. My last book which is on amazon.com was called The Mean Streets of LA: Taking Out the Trash. The book based on my experience of working with an hispanic barrio gang in the late 1970's.

Day 1 - Just arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport after a long flight from across the world. So excited for this vacation we've been planning for months! First time in Asia!! Learned my first Thai word, I think it's "Kop Khun Khaa" smile.png <3 <3 #travel #friends #wanderlust #Thailand

Day 2 - Admitted in hospital after taxi flips over because driver fell asleep at the wheel on the way out from airport. I hope we recover soon... #fml

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/918972-bangkok-four-us-tourists-injured-when-taxi-overturns-after-driver-fell-asleep-at-wheel/

Edited by mesterm

yes,i keep a Diary,in which i write,'what i did on my summer holidays 'My letter to Santa' every year, what i secretly think about all the people i know,my monthly weight,and my dogs birthday.

I also write down the cricket scores of the matches held on the village green and who is carrying on with who.

I write when i have nothing to day,which,by the way,is 24 hours a day.

I get great fun in reading my exploits into other peoples personal lives and feel comfort in the knowledge that i have some great future blackmail material.

I enjoy reading it over a cup of camomile tea,just befor i eat my wholemeal biccys and go to bed.Some times i stay up until 9 pm.Arent i a scamp.

yours faithfully

Mrs Dale.

(for f###s sake)

Today everyone keeps a diary, we can track every movement you make online. Every comment you make, every e-mail, every transaction, doctor appointment, it's all there. If you want it.

Yes,....but not the intimate thoughts,...not the conversations you had with persons outside the Internet...!!!