Lawyer forum down anyone recommend thai lawyer in Pattaya?

isnakebite

"Ask the lawyer" forum not accepting questions so I don't know what to do. Understand if mods wish to move this.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer to help allow Thai girlfriend to look into what may and can be concerning keeping custody of her daughter. In short her ex husband who seemed never to care for 7 years has just driven tonight to her village and taken her daughter, claiming "for good".

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by isnakebite

Alot of the times the people from villages say they are married when in fact they have just had a ceremony. So pretty much the absent bio father has no rights to the kid. Unless of course she has moved to Pattaya

works in a certain business and tells her farang friends only half of the story. Most Thais know this. Before you shell out money I would get all the facts.....I

Pensit and Laws, Soi 11 Beach Road, Jomtien

This is satellite of their Bangkok office.

The office manager, Mr Melvin speaks several languages.

They are meticulous and you get a fair price.

As you can see I can't speak highly enough of them.

Good Luck.

H

On 7/30/2016 at 11:46 AM, Rimmer said:

A libelous post has been removed

An important aspect of discussing Thai lawyers - you can recommend a good one, but under no circumstances say anything about bad experiences with others... and that goes double when discussing lawyers because if anyone can sue us for defamation, they have the best chance of success. The damages they could sue us for in a civil suit could be astronomical.

I'm currently employing the services of a lawyer with a good reputation among foreigners in Pattaya, but if he turns out bad, you won't hear a word.:D

3 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Agreed. Magna Carta is as good as it gets in Pattaya.

I really don't think you can promote a law firm straight up like that. Each firm has experts at specific areas of law. You could be better off with a private practice. If you find a good one it could save you a lot of money as their overheads are much lower.

I will give a suggestion though. If a law firm asks you to deposit a large amount of money on an account before they start working on a case, from which they extract their expenses as they wish, I would walk away. That's a personal decision of course. You could be quite fine putting down a large deposit, but don't expect to be able to sue a law firm for overcharging if things go wrong.

With my case I put down a 50% deposit on a full quote for services required.