Where is best to Donate blood in bkk?

B1TcoinLife

As said believe blood is collected by Red Cross and hospitals buy as required from them. For rare types, such as O negative, advance reservation is required and deposit paid so public appeals can be made when short. Was told would be 25,000 baht deposit last month if that had been my blood type.

As said believe blood is collected by Red Cross and hospitals buy as required from them. For rare types, such as O negative, advance reservation is required and deposit paid so public appeals can be made when short. Was told would be 25,000 baht deposit last month if that had been my blood type.

I don't understand about the "deposit".

Do you mean for recipients in need of blood?

I am 0-neg and was not offered any money.

I done want to get paid for it, I was just going to do it in case it might help someone in an emergency etc

If they're going to change me 25k for it or something like that I wouldn't bother donating at all ,I'm staying beside victory monument so they're are plenty of hospitals within walking distance but I have motorcycle and can use bts too...

( I don't remember my blood type though, if that's important)

The donor does not pay anything. It is an internal matter between hospitals. And yes, the Red Cross is where to go. Periodically they hold blood drives at various hospitals but can donate at main RC office all the time.

In home country I was a regular donor for over 35 years.

I arrived here and went to Red Cross and they said No Thanks to my AB negative blood, "Too Old"

I was just 60 and had donated one month earlier.

So if over 60 don't bother trying never mind how fit you are or how many units you have donated.

I wonder the reason for the age limit.

Maybe by the time a person reaches that age they are on too many prescription drugs which could counter-act the recipient.

Or risk of blood pressure concern ?

I had to quit donating since I suffer low blood pressure.

Oop's read wrong,its Bangkok isnt it? Well same same.Nana Plaza,Soi Cowboy,or any bar for that matter where the bin contains lady drinks that you dont remember buying.

Btw,is there a Walking Street in Bkk?i was there for a few years in the 90's i dont recall there being one then.

I wonder the reason for the age limit.

Maybe by the time a person reaches that age they are on too many prescription drugs which could counter-act the recipient.

Or risk of blood pressure concern ?

I had to quit donating since I suffer low blood pressure.

It could be the high alcohol content.