webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those race bikes should be banned!

Won't really make an impact will it. Recently the new Honda Grom and MSX125 are really popular. I saw yesterday in HH a kind of bike gang that go around on those as well as CBR's at least they were wearing helmets. Do you wish to ban all bikes??

It was a very bad attempt at humour - it looked like they were racing 125cc scooters (which obviously would never be banned).

I am a bike lover, so no, I don't wish any of them to be banned..... I always enjoyed cruising around BKK on my CRF450 when I had it! I just hope that young kids realise how dangerous it is to go that 'fast' on bikes which are designed to go to 7/11 and back etc.

lol my bad I guess, humour can be lost on the inter webs sometimes due to monotone text! I agree that modifying these bikes like they do is pretty stupid for various reasons, if only they used that money to save up for a decent bike!

5 out of the 38 filmed overtaking had helmets. If this were another country I would ask when the police are ever going to crack down on this type of incident. As we are in Thailand I know the answer.

Young bikers race almost every night near us, around 11pm - 2am. We have complained to the police many times, and last week they finally took action. They told us to stop phoning as they were getting too many complaints. Our calls must have been a distraction from them counting their brown envelopes.

I bet there would be action if someone tied a rope across the road one night.

Or inform the BIB you have a heavy duty rifle and you are going to start shooting all the little <deleted>.

........most of em remove those way uncool side mirrors....

By far the worst I've witnessed was the swapping of the front 'white' headlight with the rear 'red' tail light - this is so dangerous at night on those country highways.

The red light at the front is quite common. I guess some folk just don't want to be on the planet for more than a couple of decades.

Anyone who switches their lights like that is living on borrowed time.

Thinning the herd is all these idiots are doing. It's for the best.

Problem is with that thinking is that it could lead to the death/s of other people not involved with the stupidity.

Those race bikes should be banned!

Won't really make an impact will it. Recently the new Honda Grom and MSX125 are really popular. I saw yesterday in HH a kind of bike gang that go around on those as well as CBR's at least they were wearing helmets. Do you wish to ban all bikes??

It was a very bad attempt at humour - it looked like they were racing 125cc scooters (which obviously would never be banned).

I am a bike lover, so no, I don't wish any of them to be banned..... I always enjoyed cruising around BKK on my CRF450 when I had it! I just hope that young kids realise how dangerous it is to go that 'fast' on bikes which are designed to go to 7/11 and back etc.

lol my bad I guess, humour can be lost on the inter webs sometimes due to monotone text! I agree that modifying these bikes like they do is pretty stupid for various reasons, if only they used that money to save up for a decent bike!

Not everybody wants to loll about like an pseudo Easy Rider on a stupid great, no ground clearance, overweight and overstuffed (like the riders) "Hog", especially a 40kg soaking wet Thai teenager. The small bikes suit them.

Did none of you see the hundreds of "Mods" riding in packs on scooters in the 60's. Many jazzed up and modified (even if it was only a surfeit of chrome and squirrel tails on the whip aerials)with baggie anoraks flying in the wind and the foot boards ground away from excessive cornering?

Did none of you take part in the pitched Mod V Rocker battles in Brighton or Southend?

God it was great to have misspent youth in those days. That "white stuff" (no, not coke) coming out of your ears, black leather jacket and cowboy boots with white seaman's socks turned over the top, your blue jeans so tight you could barely walk and the police ready to clip you round the ear rather than run you in (that is if they could catch you on their "Noddy bikes").

Sigh.

Young, dumb, and full of..... I can't say much. I'm not sure how I survived my teenage years, although nowadays I would have been the 'farang' dressed in jeans, shoes, a jacket, and a helmet driving in the far left shoulder of the road at 50 kph and quite happy to be passed by everyone else on the road.

Edited by connda

Poor parenting. Poor policing. Poor educational system. Poor society and culture. sad.png

Thank god we have such 'Rich' members here who can pass judgment on the uncivilized, developing world with such indignant self-righteousness. You must have had simply stellar parents, policed by a stellar police department, educated by stellar schools, in your stellar society and culture from which you come from. Horrible place, this Thailand is, indeed! When are you leaving to return to 'Civilization'? In a jiff I do hope, lest we hear that you have flung yourself off some tall building in misery and despair at having to endure all of...."this!" ermm.gif

Edited by connda

once again we see the total disregard for human life among these idiot bike riders, sad that people had to die but when you have idiots like these people its bound to happen as we continually see in Thailand. Hopefully the police will follow this through and take action against the bike riders and not the truck driver but wouldnt be surprised if they did, much easier target.

"once again we see the total disregard for human life among these idiot bike riders"

And among those who consider such things to be an opportunity to "humorous" comments on Thai Visa.

nothing more left to do than to laugh at these morons, imo ,I have no sympathy for any of them

Poor parenting. Poor policing. Poor educational system. Poor society and culture. sad.png

Thank god we have such 'Rich' members here who can pass judgment on the uncivilized, developing world with such indignant self-righteousness. You must have had simply stellar parents, policed by a stellar police department, educated by stellar schools, in your stellar society and culture from which you come from. Horrible place, this Thailand is, indeed! When are you leaving to return to 'Civilization'? In a jiff I do hope, lest we hear that you have flung yourself off some tall building in misery and despair at having to endure all of...."this!" ermm.gif

How much money do you need to educate yourself not to race a bike of all things , can afford the bike but not the helmet, Mr Red Bull had plenty of money and education no doubt but just as brainless.

Rip To the rest of you kids riding these organ donors so called race bike's NEVER DRIVE FASTER THAN YOUR ANGEL CAN FLY. This senseless carnage needs to stop. I'm saying this as a motorcycle rider over 40 years. Speed KILLS.

...not necessarily, actually, whatever is behind of you cannot bring you in any danger, only whatever happens in front. Therefore safe and fast overtaking is one option to survive.

I feel sorry for everyone, including the racers, as stupid as they may seem to careful drivers and law abiding citizens.

Kids will always be kids. There's a point in the life of young men in particular where they'll do what they want to do no matter what anyone else says or thinks about their behavior. Rebellious conduct is often a part of the maturing process. And while it's sad when tragic things happen, nothing will ever change as nothing ever does. Sometimes, good education and fine parents only add to the excitement of defiant acts.

I think older folks forget what it was like to be young, and the mindset and peer pressure that drives the youth.

Stubby

Edited by Stubby

In Bangkok at the moment on short break from Mukdahan, I witnessed the Police setup a road block to check motorcycles for

licence and helmet, the senior officer who was in charge turned up on his motorcycle with his peak service cap on, no sign of helmet anywhere. I was always taught from my Military days to, LEAD BY EXAMPLE, sadly this will never happen in Thailand.

Rip To the rest of you kids riding these organ donors so called race bike's NEVER DRIVE FASTER THAN YOUR ANGEL CAN FLY. This senseless carnage needs to stop. I'm saying this as a motorcycle rider over 40 years. Speed KILLS.

...not necessarily, actually, whatever is behind of you cannot bring you in any danger, only whatever happens in front. Therefore safe and fast overtaking is one option to survive.

I was with you.... Right there... Honest, I was.

Then you went and used the word "safe"

I was with you.... Right there... Honest, I was.

Then you went and used the word "safe"

Actually I thought that was two options.

Yes, there are two options. If you cannot do a safe overtaking manoeuvre, you still can push your bike into your garage and return your driving license.

Peter Fonda and Evel Knievel know more about this issue.

Edited by fxe1200

Yes, there are two options. If you cannot do a safe overtaking manoeuvre, you still can push your bike into your garage and return your driving license.

Peter Fonda and Evel Knievel know more about this issue.

2 options was tic, but in fact it is always safer to overtake faster than slower, nothing worse then people creeping past big lorries/busses/etc and forcing others coming the opposite way onto the side of the road (or off it) as so frequently happens here.

Get it done ASAP.

You think that tour bus catching up to you, and travelling 60km/h faster than you, can't hurt you?