American Tourist Robbed at ATM

snoop1130

American Tourist Robbed at ATM
by CityNews

post-249866-0-21846300-1469444712_thumb.

CityNews:-- An American tourist was robbed at an ATM machine on July 9, with the thieves running off with 10,000 baht that was just withdrawn from the machine.

The robbery occurred on July 9, but it was only this week that the two thieves were identified and arrested. Two 19-year-old boys (names withheld) were arrested in Chiang Rai.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/american-tourist-robbed-atm/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-07-25

Damn - my thinking has been compromised. I always thought that the farang male was the ATM not the machine? gigglem.gif

But I hope the tourist gets his money back. A crime of opportunity that can happen in any country of the world, not just Thailand. These kids should thank their lucky stars (or amulets) they are not living in a devout Muslim country! coffee1.gif

Years ago the son of my GF at the time was in Montreal. Used a ATM outside a bank,as soon as the money popped out he was knocked unconcious by someone and woke up in from of ATM money was gone. This crap happens every were. This was 2 pm in the afternoon in day light busy street.

Edited by lovelomsak

Stealing not good but folks here are really getting bent out of shape over US$285. Let's get real, plz. Chopping a hand off for cost of a 'good' bottle of wine seems 'out of shape' to me.

Yeah, the cheap charlie should have pulled out another 10K for them.