Bondi Chaweng Decide to Repaint the Sidewalk

http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_newsonline.php?newsid=1469620244

TFA is in Thai with pics

But the news reports that the (farang) manager of Bondi, Chaweng has instructed his Burmese workers to illegally re-paint the sidewalk in front of Bondi. Before, there would be white and black lines indicating it's legal to park. There would also be white lines on the road indicating parking space for motorbikes.

The manager instructed the workers to paint the lines to red/white instead, which indicates "no parking" and paint the white lines with black color.

Naturally the neighbors wouldn't have anything with what this farang manager wanted to do, so they reported it to the police.

Fine of 1000 has been given and instructions for him to re-paint the colors the way it used to be.

Looks like you farangs are also picking up bad habits by staying in Thailand for too long...

Edited by Mole

What does it being farang owned or not have to do with the subject?

Don't tske it upon oneself to re-zone the parking lines on a public or shared street.

I am quite certain this is not the first person to ever attempt as much regardless of his nationality.

Glad to see they have made him repaint, but even before it was painted I had a big argument when their staff tried to stop me parking there.  Had three of them yelling. trying to be intimidating and telling me it was private parking. I pointed out it was a public road and that if they want a private parking area they should pay for one.  Traffic is getting bad enough on the island without all these people trying to claim parking on public roads or jumping out to hold up traffic to let people in or out.