- Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007

- Microsoft Office PowerPoint® 2007

- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007

- Microsoft Office Word 2007

- Office OneNote 2007

- Office InfoPath 2007

- Office Groove 2007

New features and different appearance

Yeah, two weeks ago on torrents. 6xxMb. Looks funny, works with SP2 only.

How much memory does it need??

256RAM is ok.

and how much if you also want to write something?

500 for vista

250 for word

250 if you want to write a one page letter to your grandmum

So minimum 1 GB, if you want to play minesweeper between better take 2 GB

256RAM is ok.

500 for vista

250 for word

I correct 512MB RAM for vista is for its basic version...

If you like to install its pro version, you need 1GB...

256RAM is ok.

500 for vista

250 for word

I correct 512MB RAM for vista is for its basic version...

If you like to install its pro version, you need 1GB...

well than I must install it on that computer which I usually use for my nuclear wepaon simulations.

(I think they are complete crazy, imagine how much 1GB code is)

Why do we want to use MS Office 2007, 99 percent of all MS Office will never use the new functions introduced in MS Office 2007.

Second and one of the most important new function introduced in MS Office 2007 is the that this new MS Office release will stop working. After Microsoft finds out that the MS Office installation is illegal, it is not longer possible to create or save documents, printing and on screen reading of MS Word documents will always be possible. This new security is similar to the upcoming release of MS Windows Vista, only difference MS Windows security key is much more strong then the MS Office key which is only 128 bit in strength.

See also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927921

Edited by Richard-BKK

I'll leave it a month or two and pick up a moody copy, someone should have cracked it by then!!

2007 has to be activated by Microsoft. It's no longer just a matter of cracking it. Copies of Office 2007 and Vista who don't pass authentication will be next to useless.

I'll leave it a month or two and pick up a moody copy, someone should have cracked it by then!!

2007 has to be activated by Microsoft. It's no longer just a matter of cracking it. Copies of Office 2007 and Vista who don't pass authentication will be next to useless.

Most probably there will be also a fake authentications, till now everything got hacked even much more difficult hardware based security system....

It works fine, comes with r/c, doesn't need helluva memory, no vista, no Internet connection either.

torrent loads in 4-5 hrs, you don't have to write code.

it's not self expired carriage into pumpkin, no, wrong tale.

looks funny, works faster and looks smoother. Cel 2.4 and 512 of Sp2 is just as fine.

It works fine, comes with r/c, doesn't need helluva memory, no vista, no Internet connection either.

looks funny, works faster and looks smoother. Cel 2.4 and 512 of Sp2 is just as fine.

It's probably a beta if it didn't need registering. The betas expire in April.

Anybody use OfficeGroove (ponce name)? That's the app I'm interested in. Got a small export company with office in CM, but people in Seattle and Chicago, would really like a VPN that actually works! Guess I shouldn't be looking to MS for that.

Edited by calibanjr.

Anybody use OfficeGroove (ponce name)? That's the app I'm interested in. Got a small export company with office in CM, but people in Seattle and Chicago, would really like a VPN that actually works! Guess I shouldn't be looking to MS for that.

Had a look at Hamachi?

A good discussion on VPNs;

http://www.grc.com/sn/SN-019.htm

it's probably not.

no pumpkin.

it's probably not.

no pumpkin.

If it didn't require activation, it's a beta.

if the new version cannot be cracked M$ sure are going to loose big group of users, or people simply are not going to upgrade. Since openoffice and the whole opensource are nibbling away their marketshare you can be SURE that is will be cracked. If no one cracks it soon enough probably M$ will leak the crack to the internet. They simply have tooo much to loose here.

Try it for yourself, openoffice is a very good program and a serious contender. It is free. It opens and converts all M$ formats. Sometimes it does not do that nice, but what the heck, free versus $$$. Also a lot of governments are switching to open-format documents, heavily supported by openoffice (german government already, now france government switches in 6 months).

Edited by tracker

I forgot what came before Office 2003, but it seemed a lot better.

I am using Excel for some stuff - Excel has long been the best of the office apps but even that has been crapified in 2003. You would have to pay me serious money to install Office 2007... what does it do? More features I don't need, more non-standard GUI elements that are annoying as h_ll? More "installing itself deep into the OS, interfering with everyday work"? No thanks.

Anyway... I think I will go back and install Office XP, it seemed way less annoying than the 2003 version.

Ok, here are a few gripes for the Office experts/lovers out there:

- If I double-click on an excel file, Excel starts up - but doesn't actually open the document. I have been trying different things to make it behave. It used to work. But - it's terminally broken now.

- Excel 2003 asks me if I want to save my changes. Even I didn't make any changes. Even if the doc is opened read-only. I find this extremely confusing because every time I have to ask myself: Did I make any changes? Did I want to make changes? Did I accidentally make changes? Then I have to click "No". Why can't it behave like any normal application and offer to save changes only when there actually were changes?

- It asks me three times if I really want to save something as .CSV, foregoing many of the fantastic Excel features with this basic file format. YES. I WANT TO. This is even when opening a file as .CSV to begin with.

Hmm.. maybe all these superfluous and time-wasting dialogs can be turned off somewhere...

These are the biggest problems.

OOo: I tried it, very hopefully, but the spreadsheet app in OOo is very basic and can't compete with Excel. It manages to have even more complicated and annoying dialogs than Excel. If I open an .CSV, it shows me a huge dialog with tons of options of how to read it. There is no "please just read this file in and don't annoy me" option. Saving as .CSV was also messed up, I forgot what exactly but it involved bad standard settings that can be changed only in the save dialog, so they have to be changed every time you save a file.

OOo also mangles the horribly-formatted Word documents that people send me. So it's basically not useful to me.

Oh, yeah: When I try to do a search using the plain old and only barely working windows search, it wants the Office install CD!! Heck no!! I don't want to install any Office search crap, I just want to search my files fer chrissake!

Sorry for the rant, but this software is really crap. Office XP came out 10 years ago and it is way better than the new version - what's wrong with this picture?

I've been using Open Office for years and am quite happy with it. I don't think MS is worried about losing market share if it's only stolen software users that they're using.

if the new version cannot be cracked M$ sure are going to loose big group of users, or people simply are not going to upgrade. Since openoffice and the whole opensource are nibbling away their marketshare you can be SURE that is will be cracked. If no one cracks it soon enough probably M$ will leak the crack to the internet. They simply have tooo much to loose here.

Try it for yourself, openoffice is a very good program and a serious contender. It is free. It opens and converts all M$ formats. Sometimes it does not do that nice, but what the heck, free versus $$$. Also a lot of governments are switching to open-format documents, heavily supported by openoffice (german government already, now france government switches in 6 months).

nikster,

I have to agree with you on a number of your complaints. Another thing I can not stand is when you have multiple Excel or Word documents open and when you close one out ALL of them close out.

I've been on Microsoft's site and looked over 2007. I think it is the basic suite with more bells and whistles. Some of the reviews I've heard mention "taking some time to get used to and learn."

Open Office is good. It's free, it's open source.

In my country, Netherlands, Microsoft wants to do something against Open Office. The reason: a complete provincial government house switched from MS Office to Open Office, saving thousands of euro's on the license fees.

As more and more people start to discover the ,free, open source way, more people will know that there is more than Microsoft.