Best Pattaya restaurants or dining areas for families?

mglaser

Near the Pinnacle resort is a place called Drifters.  Great pizza and right on the beach.  Nearby are a few other restaurants.  Some good, some not so good, but all right on the beach.

South of the Pinnacle and before the Ambassador is Bacco Beach, The Glass House and The View (I believe The View has changed names to something like View Talay???).  All very kid friendly and right on the beach.

drifters is a great place and aussie tony is a mate of mine. his place is quite unique. i also often take the kids to frasers on tapraya rd. they have a kiddies play area and i can sit out on the balcony with a beer while the kids play away. that place is also very very clean. the staff clean non stop. it is also owned by an aussie. these are 2 of my favorite restaurants, hope they are around for a few more years to come.

Ton Haad....or something like that....is the name of the Thai restaurant past Drifters.  Sea Falcon is between the two and has a really nice beach area with chairs and pretty good food and service.

I've not been to PuPen in years.  Use to love going there, but the food has really gone downhill!  Sadly.  Plus, if you sit near the street, you get the lovely exhaust from the big buses going by.

We stayed on Jomtien Beach a few weeks ago and dined in a good Thai restaurant right at the end of the beach road where it turns inland (away from Pattaya). The restaurant is on the corner and on both sides of the road. It is very popular with often a queue to get a table but very well organised. It was full of families with children and the food was very good and so were the prices.

I agree wtih jagg88.

Right at the end of the beach road,you may need to be mobile as cabs and mc guys are not readily available.There are 2 very good sea food places and some seating almost on the beach itself.

The restaurants are frequented by Thais who have money,so the customers are very well behaved.You get some groups of students there,but the atmosphere is good and friendly.Kids are welcome.The food is excellent,(it has to be for the amount of Thai people that eat there.)

Theres no music there but the sound of the sea lapping at the rocks below is music enough.

Enjoy.

^ Think you're on about Lung Saway (If it's the one immediately in front of you as you take that Left at the end of Jomtien Beach Road heading South).

Haven't been for a while as we found the prices rising a lot, presumably because of the fleets of busses bringing people there.