Is This Forum Getting Slower

Johnniey

Is This Forum Getting Slower

Or is it just me?

I feel that there used to be many more interesting threads and indeed posters. There are thousands of members now but it seems really slow and not so many experts in certain areas.

What do you think?

Yes - I also noticed it was less active.  Still a great forum if you ask a specific question about visas, moving to Thailand, tax in Thailand, etc., ...... but the General Forum may have driven many posters to other sites that have members with less entrenched views. 

There's currently a double act dominating any discussions about terrorism with apologist/PC propaganda, and most other posts in the General Forum are answered by the well-worn "well you should go back home' response.

And yes, we know the Fortuna is the only SUV in the world, Chinese motorcycles fall apart in 30 seconds, we should all learn to read and write Thai before setting foot in Thailand, all Thai Girls are crazed gold diggers and all men are sex-pats, but do we really want to read this in every single thread?

The old site was also being crippled by slow loading ads - hope the new site is quicker.