Lost arrival/departure card?

Silly, but i arrived bzck in Thailand from Viwtnam on 24 June with a 60 day SETV.

I am stamped here until 22 August.

Was planning to get a 30 day extension at CW this week.

Now i can't seem to find my arrival card

The visa and the dates of arrival and my entry stamp are perfectly clear in my passport.

My question is, will I have a problem trying to get a 30 day extension without an arrival card stapaled in my passport?

As I said the dates stamped in my passport are perfectly clear and right next to the new visa i recieved in Ho Chi Minh.

But somehow that blankety-blank  arrival card went away.

Will that be a problem?

You can get new arrival/departure card when you go to immigration to get your 30 day extension.

Since they no longer staple them into your passport on arrival it is a good idea to do it yourself to prevent loosing it.

• Like 2

I gave immigration my passport once and when I returned home with it saw they had taken out my stapled departure card and apparently kept it.  When I returned to inquire they told me I would have to pay a fee for a new one.  I pointed to the officer who took the passport and said "he lost it, he can pay for it".  He opted to waive the fee for me.  Problem was they don't, or in my case did not stamp it, so basically every time I had business at immigration afterwards I was quizzed about it and had to explain the whole story and give them a copy of my entry stamp from my passport along with the typical copies.  Learned my lesson.  Staple everything in and then check for it all when you leave.  Also as previously posted take photos of everything and put them on a cloud.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I'm confused about this..

I HAVE the departure card. That's the par immigration uses. They attached it to my passport and it's stamped.

What I DON'T HAVE is the other half, the arrival card. That's the one I had to fill in. This I gave to immigration, they detached the departure card piece and gave back the rest.  I lost this part somehow. But my hotel staff keeps telling me that immigration actually only cares about the departure card and since I already have that it's not necessary to go to their office.

What should I do now?? Should I go to immigration anyway? Do I need the arrival card too?

5 minutes ago, Tomg1 said:

Hi

I'm confused about this..

I HAVE the departure card. That's the par immigration uses. They attached it to my passport and it's stamped.

What I DON'T HAVE is the other half, the arrival card. That's the one I had to fill in. This I gave to immigration, they detached the departure card piece and gave back the rest.  I lost this part somehow. But my hotel staff keeps telling me that immigration actually only cares about the departure card and since I already have that it's not necessary to go to their office.

What should I do now?? Should I go to immigration anyway? Do I need the arrival card too?

No, thats retained, its the departure part you have thats necessary.