New UK Ambassador to Thailand makes courtesy call on Army commander

webfact

New UK Ambassador to Thailand makes courtesy call on Army commander

p5.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The new UK Ambassador to Thailand has made a courtesy call on the commander of the Royal Thai Army.

Brian Davidson met General Sommai Kaotira yesterday. Mr Davidson is taking up the post in Thailand after long spells as a diplomat in China, reported Sanook.

He spoke of the important relationship between the armed forces of the UK and Thailand and their mutual cooperation in terms of training and equipment used in national security. 

According to Wikipedia Mr Davidson was an analyst on terrorism and international security in the 1990s.

General Sommai thanked the ambassador for dropping in while commenting that he hoped that the close relationship between both kingdoms would continue to flourish.

Mr Davidson, who takes over from Mark Kent as ambassador, grew up in Hollywood, Northern Ireland and went to Cambridge University, according to Wikipedia.

Among his many jobs he was British Consul General in both Shanghai and Guanzhou. He caused a stir in China when in September 2014 he married his American boyfriend Scott Chang in a ceremony officiated by the British ambassador in Beijing.

Same sex marriage is not permitted in China but the couple were married under English law. Mr Davidson was quoted on Wikipedia as saying: "Obviously Scott and I are very happy to have this opportunity to marry under British law. We are very proud that the UK is one of the few countries in the world to make this happen".

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-10

Was he one of those analysts who gave such carefull and well thought  out information to Tony Blair about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, prior to the joint invasion of the USA and Great Britain  in Iraq.???????

Off topic but Blair gets the abuse(and rightly so) but the suqirrels in Whitehall didn't have  a finger pointed at themselves.

BAYBOY.

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

TRANSLATION:

The UK is looking for buyers of its military hardware and the RTA commander is the place to start.

EXPANSION OF TRANSLATION:

Unlike before when it was the EU in Brussels who decided who sold what to whom and for how much and how much commission was paid.

3 hours ago, eliotness said:

Oh dear, how low has the British government fallen.  Makes me so sad.

And the tossers are no where near the bottom yet 

Please excuse the pun

And no I am not homophobic 

My bruv says so

He should know he bats for the other side

15 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

He started his military  career as a midget submarine operative until it sunk

perhaps he could move on to midget aircraft carrier operative, or or,,,

What other openings are there for midget operators? Apart from the door they came in by...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

14 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

And the tossers are no where near the bottom yet 

Please excuse the pun

And no I am not homophobic 

My bruv says so

He should know he bats for the other side

So do about 10% of the world population, about 18% of the Thai population and about 68% of the Thai TV chat show and current affairs people.

Or so it seems.

Winnie

2 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

So do about 10% of the world population, about 18% of the Thai population and about 68% of the Thai TV chat show and current affairs people.

Or so it seems.

Winnie

Winnie the only two crumbs of comfort I can get from those percentages is to tell myself that most are males

The second is to tell myself the girlies are all AC / DC

I find as I get older I require a larger field to work with rather than smaller