Oh man! Thailand expecting to welcome influx of tourists from Oman

snoop1130

Oh man! Thailand expecting to welcome influx of tourists from Oman

By Coconuts Bangkok

4189092152_a178f33366_z.jpg

Muscat, Oman. Photo: Hazel Owen/Flickr

Thailand has recently alienated their Chinese tourists after trashing them on social media, and if this story holds any weight, they may be losing others as well. However, in between bouts of trying to lure rich Germans back to the land of smiles, the latest news from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is that Thailand can expect a 20 percent increase in tourists coming to Thailand from the Arabian Peninsula country of Oman, which is situated next to Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Suvat Chirapant, the deputy permanent secretary to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs noted that, “Thailand has always been open to Arab tourists and of late we have seen a great increase in their numbers. We provide the best services for our friends from the [gulf] countries and have shared a great bond over the centuries,” reported Muscat Daily.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/10/oh-man-thailand-expecting-welcome-influx-tourists-oman

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-10

Perfectly sound logic I think.

TAT can ensure Oman visitors feel right at home. There is a high probability they will not be able to drink alcohol and the once popular adult playtime activities have been banned. Perfect as there is a coffee shop on every corner.

4 minutes ago, alant said:

Perfectly sound logic I think.

TAT can ensure Oman visitors feel right at home. There is a high probability they will not be able to drink alcohol and the once popular adult playtime activities have been banned. Perfect as there is a coffee shop on every corner.

I have visited Oman many times over the last 40 years. In Oman, many Omanis drink alcohol and it  is not forbidden under Omani law. I worked there many times since 1976. My agent used to fly crates of alcohol in his private jet for parties in his beach house and they used to drink in the hotels also.  The population of Oman was 977,788 when we started building the infrastructure but it has now reached 4 million. Because of oil and gas and the fact that many are pro-British and well educated, there are a lot of well off Omanis that come here for vacation already.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I was just in Georgia.  Lots of Arab tourists there, mainly families.  Seemed like OK tourists.  FlyDubai has cheap flights there.  The plane was 100% full.

Craigt3365---haven't you been told enough times to stop posting anything positive  about tourist unless they are farang ---we just don't need those other low class tourist here......Anyway---other people wanting to come on holiday here---- its a TAT plot..........:coffee1:

drunken-tourist-asleep-on-the-street-pat

Edited by oxo1947

4 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

Too many of a certain culture in the Soi 3, 4 and 5 now. They are taking over !

I know exactly what you mean. But too be honest, I slightly prefer them to the other culture that always repeat the same line of "watt's up " every time we pass.

As I said only slightly...

...money is money....

...welcome the world.....

....everything is for sale here.....

...with a (fake) smile......

...wonder what special derogatory term they use for people from that part of the world....

Yes I imagine surrounding countries must be incensed at the Thai coup on the Oman inbound tourist.

Maybe I'm just flouting my ignorance again, but I wonder if they've ever considered just making the tourist experience for everyone very pleasant, clean up the beaches, minimize the touts and ripoffs, de-bar some areas for family friendly etc. Make tourists from everywhere feel welcome, maintain customers rather than be constantly finding new ones to replace the disgruntled.

There again I suppose constant press releases really is a better strategy.

On 8/11/2016 at 9:20 AM, Estrada said:

I have visited Oman many times over the last 40 years. In Oman, many Omanis drink alcohol and it  is not forbidden under Omani law. I worked there many times since 1976. My agent used to fly crates of alcohol in his private jet for parties in his beach house and they used to drink in the hotels also.  The population of Oman was 977,788 when we started building the infrastructure but it has now reached 4 million. Because of oil and gas and the fact that many are pro-British and well educated, there are a lot of well off Omanis that come here for vacation already.

I also have Omani friends, not anti them.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, Estrada said:

I agree - Omanis are a very different type of Arab: kind, warm, hospitable. As an Omani colleague pointed out to me, they are nothing like the "mother f****** Saudis.".