rooster59

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

They want the tourists clueless and happy. Seeing police or military is not part of the "Land Of Smiles" game plan.

Clueless and happy tourists and clueless and happy citizens.

Those were the days!

On 13/08/2016 at 4:02 PM, harada said:

TIT

"Normal" ... meaning no one caught, until they can find some poor innocent bloke from Myanmar to kick and beat into a totally broken state, and admits to anything and everything, just to be left alone until the court case.

TIT

"Normal" ... meaning no one caught, until they can find some poor innocent bloke from Myanmar to kick and beat into a totally broken state, and admits to anything and everything, just to be left alone until the court case.

TIT

TIT

9 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So 3 dead is acceptable to you  ?

It's very sad, but it is a fact that many people like to read, see or hear about things that offend them. It's normal, though the extent of it it seems to be IQ related.

Also bear in mind that what is acceptable depends on the circumstances at the time, so 3 dead would be sort of acceptable in war time, but generally not in peace time. So someone who considers Thailand to be at war with itself, may well consider 3 dead to be 'acceptable collateral damage' of a political or internecine struggle.

Also, don't forget that Thais have a different perception of life and death to most westerners, and Thais may well appear to be almost sociopathic in their approach to casualties. Many examples.

So no, 3 is not acceptable in a peacetime humanitarian sense, but increasingly, Thailand seems to be leaving that safety zone, and I suspect will continue to do so over the next several years.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

They really do not want any police or "scary" vibe in Hua Hin or in any tourist area. They cleaned up the Bangkok bombing area within 12 hours. The crime scene was unimportant because they wanted everything back to normal as fast as possible. They want the tourists clueless and happy. Seeing police or military is not part of the "Land Of Smiles" game plan.

More sad news and a face of one of the victims.

“If all her stuff was not taken after the bombing, I believe police would have been able to contact me sooner,” Jeerasak said. He suspects someone robbed her body, leaving her without identifying documents or cellphone, as neither were found on her body."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/08/13/children-mourn-moms-killed-mothers-day-bombings/

Hua-Hin-Dead-mugshot.jpg

I can recall the Lauda Air Crash where the first responders pillaged the wreck, no shame at all.

Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongcharoen , just let me ask one question: are you "normal" doing such  stupid statement

In Thailand will never ever anything back to so called normal circumstances.

Maybe better you read the warnings from foreign ministries and embassies!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, harada said:

I can recall the Lauda Air Crash where the first responders pillaged the wreck, no shame at all.

Terrible ... absolutely terrible.

I am so deeply sorry for you.

Sadly it does not surprise me at all. I have witnessed tragedies here in Thailand, shocking incidents, where people just stand and stare, as though it were a tv screen in a shop window, then move on.

35 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

Terrible ... absolutely terrible.

I am so deeply sorry for you.

Sadly it does not surprise me at all. I have witnessed tragedies here in Thailand, shocking incidents, where people just stand and stare, as though it were a tv screen in a shop window, then move on.

Dissociation. "If i'm not dead or injured then I don't care but I'' hang around for a bit and have a watch".

Many Thai-apologists, when confronted by the below average IQ of Thais, retort with "ah yes but their EQ is high" as if EQ in not closely related to IQ. It's BS of course, as the above comment makes clear. We've all seen the muppets standing around and watching anywhere there is carnage. High EQ my left foot.

Dissociation renders everything (not just nearby carnage, everything) exactly as if it's on a TV screen, that was a good description. Another tragedy that following Buddhist practices without the essential instruction that spiritual advancement is not necessarily useful in day-to-day life. There's the shepherds and then there's the sheep.

Winnie

the police also faied to report several high profile kidnappings and robberies on Japanese and koreans 

ONE WAS EVEN STOPPED ON THE EXPRESS WAY....AND THE VICTIM RECEIVED HELP FROM THE TICKET SELLER....BOTH FEMALES PASSED OUT WHEN THE THE DOOR OPENED. THE POLICE LET THE TAXI DRIVER, with knock out gas built in the taxi GO.   THEY LET A KIDDNAPPER GO. 

thats why you never ever trust thai police