Russians Need No Visa

pumpuiman

To Russia with no visa (and back)

Russia and Thailand have confirmed their intention to introduce a visa-free entry for Russians to Thailand and for Thais to Russia, according to Russian media.

Mikhail Kamynin, official spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry, said the agreement was made on the sidelines of last week's Apec meetings in Hanoi. Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Thai counterpart Nit Phibunsongkram made the deal, he said.

The agreement will take effect as soon as the parties have completed internal preparations, and the date will be specified later, Kamynin said.

To Russia with no visa (and back)

Russia and Thailand have confirmed their intention to introduce a visa-free entry for Russians to Thailand and for Thais to Russia, according to Russian media.

Mikhail Kamynin, official spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry, said the agreement was made on the sidelines of last week's Apec meetings in Hanoi. Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Thai counterpart Nit Phibunsongkram made the deal, he said.

The agreement will take effect as soon as the parties have completed internal preparations, and the date will be specified later, Kamynin said.

This seems insane on Thailand's part. :o

This seems insane on Thailand's part. :o

yep, insane to do it winter time :-)

northern byatches will freeze to popsicles. Meli Kismas, tovaris

As I heard silicon in katoys also tends to be frozen at below zero temp's -=> there's going to be a cool freak show, wow!

OMFG>>>>

this has to be the single most stupid thing any Thai government could do. I thought they were trying to weed out unwanted visitors with the niew visa regs, instead they've opened the door to the biggest criminal underworld the world has ever seen, the Russians are by far and away the worse bunch of crooks any of you or I will ever meet in our lives.

This will mean a massive increase in drugs trafficking to Thailand and an even bigger, sex slave trade from Thailand to Moscow.

By far and away the stupidest thing I've heard this year.

This will mean a massive increase in drugs trafficking to Thailand and an even bigger, sex slave trade from Thailand to Moscow.

Cultural exchange... :o

:D:D:D

Or should it be an economical expansion? Surely a good start to uplift living standard of the people who will benefit from the exchanges. :D

Edited by roguegirl

OMFG>>>>

this has to be the single most stupid thing any Thai government could do. I thought they were trying to weed out unwanted visitors with the niew visa regs, instead they've opened the door to the biggest criminal underworld the world has ever seen, the Russians are by far and away the worse bunch of crooks any of you or I will ever meet in our lives.

By now drugs are going from Golden Triangle to EU , not backward. buy a map

About crooks ? Being russian I've never seen much, how about real life - not movies ?

Sex slave trade ? Who needs locals, they are lousy, lazy and very unprofessional at that market.

Man, you're trippin'

About crooks ? Being russian I've never seen much, how about real life - not movies ?

Sex slave trade ? Who needs locals, they are lousy, lazy and very unprofessional at that market.

Man, you're trippin'

So there isn't a widespread and massive criminal underworld in Russia.. OK thanks for your very knowledgeable input there... Russkaya Mafia

I think you need to wake up!

what about the rest of those 20 countries which still need a visa on arrival?

there is a question: do we want more visa regulations wherever we go or would we prefer visa-free travel and opening all national borders (like in the EU or the USA)?

Soon or later, china and india will add to the list of free visa on arrival for thailand.

China/Chinese already has/have free visa upon arrival in LOS, up to 14 days I believe.

LaoPo

Man, you're trippin'

So there isn't a widespread and massive criminal underworld in Russia.. OK thanks for your very knowledgeable input there... Russkaya Mafia

Agree with you mate, and I have some experience in that, spend few years in the Czech Republic and the worst Mafia is from Russia, they are taking over everything in Eastern Europe. Thailand has something to look forward. Big, big mistake

Man, you're trippin'

One actually owns Chelsea :D:o

Man, you're trippin'

Agree with you mate, and I have some experience in that, spend few years in the Czech Republic and the worst Mafia is from Russia, they are taking over everything in Eastern Europe. Thailand has something to look forward. Big, big mistake

I wish the Thais would wake-up on this one.

Some years back I was in a restaurant near an idyllic Thai beach with a retired diplomat who was staying at the same hotel, long term. This Arnie Schwarzenegger looking Russian came in with

a harpoon gun. He had just been fishing for his wife to cook him supper.

From the Tattoo on his arm I guessed he was ex-special forces.

"What the f***," said I.

"Oh that's Boris," she said. Then in a whispered tone. "He threatened the local police chief last week for not doing what he wanted. The police chief agreed, he did not want to wind up dead!"

By this time I was hiding behind the menu. I certainly am not a James Bond, well perhaps only

in my imagination.

I find this all very disturbing ? :o

Do you ?

Man, you're trippin'

One actually owns Chelsea :D:o

another owns heart of midlothian.

made his cash as a banker......apparently. :D

I have (on several occasions, here in this forum), questioned the "wisdom" of the apparatus that is called the "Thai-Gouvernment".

While clamping down on the few "bad apples" that may occasionally find refuge in Thailand from more or less "Civilized Countries", now (rumorwise) the Thai's are opening the "Russian Floodgate"?

No, this I can not believe! The result of any such action would be that the "Thai-Gouvernment" would lose of whatever is left of of something that is called "credibility".

Cheers.

no, there is a logic - first visa runs were stopped and now slowly the thais are opeing for the money from the other countries.

the russian floodgate will be only for half a year, around the winter time.

oh, and don't mention credibility about any government - by the definition they are mafia in the hands of the rulling class

OMFG>>>>

You're underestimating them. They can be way more stupid than that, they're proving it on a monthly basis :o