Hotels In Kanchanaburi

Ducati

Hi,

I will be taking the family to kanchanaburi (3 adults, 3 kids) in late december for a short break of 2-3 days.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel? - 3 to 4 stars equivalent.....we have so far looked at Royal River Kwai Resort, and Pung-Waan Resort Kwai Noi, on the internet.

Thx!

I stayed at the Felix Riverkwai Resort hotel last year, and it was quite nice.

It is a fair way from the town, but is right on the river, and a short (5 minutes) stroll to the bridge.

It has a great pool, and all that kinda stuff.

The only real downside is the occasional "disco barge" buzzing past your rear deck which overlooks the river.

Also be sure to keep your valuables on you at all times, I got robbed by a hotel maintanence guy. (busted him in the act when I rewturned from breakfast to quickly).

I helped to build that place! Well, sort of. I went up their regularly during the building process, and brought some of the first tourists upthere too. Little creek you talking about right? With the restaurant called the lake?

I left only a few months after it opened, but it may be exactly what the Original Poster is looking for. Open spaces, entertainment, safety etc.. Comfortable Huts too, and a gorgeous landscape with nice swimming pool and a lake too and a bit more up market than the backpacker guest houses suggested earlier, without being expensive.

Basically a good family place!

Ah,... Fond memories! :o

PS: Just seen, they've restructured and apparently it's two business within the grounds now. It was always big enough.

Oh, as I recall, they had a building just for pool and darts, a building just for night time entertainment/disco and then the pool, all set well away from the huts too...