Everything at Nana and Asiatique hunky-dory as top brass conduct inspection

webfact

Everything at Nana and Asiatique hunky-dory as top brass conduct inspection

a4.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Immigration and police inspecting the tourist areas of Nana and Asiatique  in Bangkok found everything proceeding as normal.

A force of 40 officers led by Suphaphon Arunsit of the immigration division descended on Asiatique in the Charoenkrung Road area of the city and the Nana area of Sukhumvit Road, reported Daily News.

They found everything normal with tourists having no problems on their Thursday night out. They used the opportunity to talk amicably with overseas visitors to the famous nightlife areas.

The visit was made after a number of incidents recently that have had an adverse affect on tourism.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-26

I think the message from visits to places like Nana is it's okay to stretch Thai laws. If you can get away with running prostitution businesses, you can certainly run a small business of other types without fear of the police. Carpe Diem!

Of course NANA is : NO PROBLEMO .....

What prostitution ?  My complaint : BAR FINE is TOO HIGH  !!

many girlfriends from here - when I was still a young man ,

know many of the players then and the bosses / enforcers .

play the GAME and you assured full safety .

Or dont play the game, dont pay a 'barf' fine, and support entrepreneurial freelancers instead. 

The suckers at Nana aint the bars, the bibs, or the babes...

But... up 2 u.

Edited by dhream
Typo

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I think the message from visits to places like Nana is it's okay to stretch Thai laws. If you can get away with running prostitution businesses, you can certainly run a small business of other types without fear of the police. Carpe Diem!

No the business doesnt run prositution as prostitution is illegal in Thailand.  However if a woman or man wants to go with you thats a private matter between the 2 parties

Hunky Dory? What is that? Sounds like a small Ukrainian boat!!!

It's an outdated American expression. Means "free of trouble or problems;" often used in a sarcastic context. The photo in the opening post certainly underlines that latter thought.

Identifies the headline creator as over 50. Probably 70+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

Why no good photo op like the last inspection?

suckers.jpg

Nope, i was an original photo, I think from the time of the bombing they visited tourist areas to show how safe it is.  Pity they didn't look over their shoulder before the snap.  Then again, it has provided a few laughs.

2 hours ago, beerzy said:

No the business doesnt run prositution as prostitution is illegal in Thailand.  However if a woman or man wants to go with you thats a private matter between the 2 parties

I think every business should have bar fines. They could make a lot of money off employees who aren't doing their jobs. Government employees who take a long lunch could pay 500 baht for being out. An employee at Mcds who needs a a couple hours off could pay 500 baht. Late for work take 500 baht out of your pay Great system for companies and the government to make money off their workers. Of course, no bodies are being sold at Nana. None of course. :cheesy:

On 8/26/2016 at 10:43 AM, Fookhaht said:

It's an outdated American expression. Means "free of trouble or problems;" often used in a sarcastic context. The photo in the opening post certainly underlines that latter thought.

Yeah I am fully aware of what it was, I was trying to be funny but I guess it went past you.

On August 26, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Fookhaht said:

Hunky-Dory is used in a comedic sense still by even younger writers...kind of tongue-in-cheek.

3 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Yeah I am fully aware of what it was, I was trying to be funny but I guess it went past you.

The mix of "Englishes" among the expats of various cultures in this forum requires all such questions to be considered legitimate.  Next time add an emoticon.  It helps.  

"Everything at Nana hunky-dory" - that's great to know. Now they can attract more quality tourists that Thailand has always wanted to Nana. Load up the busses of Chinese tour groups, it's all safe & hunky-dory, imagine the amount of business they could get :)