Burkini ban suspended by top French court

rooster59

Secular behavior is something which hasn't gone well with many in the EU. Muslims have become a threat to many societies, due to the fact they refuse to integrate with their hosting country, instead choosing to go along their own path which is not compatible with the general population.  Therefore given this, one has to ask, why would they choose to live in such countries given their are so many others willing to entertain this belief and ideology?

Edited by useronthenet

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Agent Sumo said:

Perhaps they might have still been targeted but those trying to exact revenge would have less passive approval from moderate Muslims who wouldn't go out and do these things themselves but can understand the outrage felt by those that do.

Racially insulting speech is illegal, yes, but why is it when it, too, could realistically be described as "free speech"?

Luckily, freedom of speech is not absolute.  As mentioned before, cartoons hurt no one.  Walking down a street assailing minorities in their face is very hurtful.  You don't have to read the cartoons, but you can't escape somebody in your face.  Actually, very few ever saw the cartoons.

3 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

Maybe, before praising Christian and every religion except Islam for its tolerence, you should look at mordern History and what happen in countries where the information is not "interesting" 

Africa : Christian warriors who kill in the name of God, remember IRA, had a look recently in Burma...

But yeah it is not the same, right?

Veil is not a burka, burkini DOES nNOT cover the face, so women wear it and those who are not happy have to deal with it.

I'm a devout atheist.

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Luckily, freedom of speech is not absolute.  As mentioned before, cartoons hurt no one.  Walking down a street assailing minorities in their face is very hurtful.  You don't have to read the cartoons, but you can't escape somebody in your face.  Actually, very few ever saw the cartoons.

Cartoons may not be offensive to you and I but they are offensive to others. Most don't pick up a Glock and run riot by way of revenge but there's a few who do. 

"Don't read them" is not a valid course of action for them. The very fact that they're out there in the public domain is enough a reason to be offended.

7 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

Maybe, before praising Christian and every religion except Islam for its tolerence, you should look at mordern History and what happen in countries where the information is not "interesting" 

Africa : Christian warriors who kill in the name of God, remember IRA, had a look recently in Burma...

But yeah it is not the same, right?

Veil is not a burka, burkini DOES nNOT cover the face, so women wear it and those who are not happy have to deal with it.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Remember the IRA.

Yeah, I remember them very well. What I do not remember is them ever killing anyone in the name of God.

Are you completely off your trolley ?

Just now, Agent Sumo said:

Cartoons may not be offensive to you and I but they are offensive to others. Most don't pick up a Glock and run riot by way of revenge but there's a few who do. 

"Don't read them" is not a valid course of action for them. The very fact that they're out there in the public domain is enough a reason to be offended.

Then why was there such scandal when Iran made a cartoon contest after the one on Muhammad then?

3 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

:cheesy::cheesy:

Remember the IRA.

Yeah, I remember them very well. What I do not remember is them ever killing anyone in the name of God.

Are you completely off your trolley ?

never saw protestant/christian love in northern Irland?

I dont' have any lesson to receive from someone who quote "Conficius" so well

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

5 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

never saw protestant/christian love in northern Irland?

I dont' have any lesson to receive from someone who quote "Conficius" so well

You could not have spent long then, there was and still is plenty of, what I think you meant to say protestant / catholic love in Northern Ireland.

The IRA's campaign was political not religious.

Obviously a man '' who never saw '' must be the font of all knowledge.

It seems faintly ridiculous that there's a fuss about France banning the burkini, whilst in Saudi Arabia you would end up being beaten by your family for wearing such an immodest thing on the beach or at the swimming pool.

And as one person wrote "The banning of burkini is in accordance with the Sharia that urges women to stay at home and stay away from public places in order to show their body. For that reason, the Islamists should thank France for this step as it will encourage women to stay at home.”

Source:  http://www.vocativ.com/353760/would-saudis-allow-the-burkini-in-their-country-arabs-ask/

34 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Anything that covers the face and prevents recognition should be banned anywhere in public, simple as that !

Exactly. 

Whether its a hoodie with sunglasses or a motorcycle helmet or a ski mask...they do not belong in a public place. My bank requires that I remove my sunglasses and ballcap when I enter the premises. I support this. 

16 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

You could not have spent long then, there was and still is plenty of, what I think you meant to say protestant / catholic love in Northern Ireland.

The IRA's campaign was political not religious.

Obviously a man '' who never saw '' must be the font of all knowledge.

Say the guy...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

-Maurice Switzer-  (a guy called Confucius by his mates probably)

The reality is that Muslim immigration does not lead to integration, their only ideas on that is to convert the host society to their culture/religion.

That aside though I think if they want want to swim in the burkini, then surely that is their right? Would have thought there would have been more radical practices to go after such as Sharia Law, wife beating, genital mutilation etc.

5 minutes ago, Oxx said:

It seems faintly ridiculous that there's a fuss about France banning the burkini, whilst in Saudi Arabia you would end up being beaten by your family for wearing such an immodest thing on the beach or at the swimming pool.

And as one person wrote "The banning of burkini is in accordance with the Sharia that urges women to stay at home and stay away from public places in order to show their body. For that reason, the Islamists should thank France for this step as it will encourage women to stay at home.”

Source:  http://www.vocativ.com/353760/would-saudis-allow-the-burkini-in-their-country-arabs-ask/

Indonesia:

bikini_party.png

Malaysia:

B3HsYMDCcAEY24Q.jpg

Dubai

600_406894742.jpeg

Burkas and Burkinis,  aren't they  sort of the same, full body coverage,

and covering the face as well??   I do not get it. Is France suddenly a Muslim

country?   I know it sure looks like it is some parts of the country with all the

Islam signs all over the place.  I guess that since there are so many Muslims

living in Europe now, it will be only a matter of time before they get

enough population to demand their way all over Europe.  I have less and less

of a desire to go to anywhere in Europe.    I had planned to go to Greece,

but after talking with a friend, I may not even go there. I am just

too red necked to want to go to any country that is getting over ran by the Muslims,

who seem to bring all of their beliefs and then demanding to be treated

special, and different because of it, instead of being happy to be in Europe

away from the problems of their home countries that have so many

troubles with extremism. I have enough bad feeling about some of the

demanding people who come to Canada, and are now demanding more and more for

the Canadians to treat them like they are some kind of special people.

What a world we live in. More troubles ahead for sure.

Geezer

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

country?   I know it sure looks like it is some parts of the country with all the

too red necked to want to go to any country that is getting over ran by the Muslims,

Geezer

When you start a post with a completely incorrect comparison you have lost all creditibility at that point. The rest of your post becomes immaterial.

5 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

Bukini is a wet suit, it does not cover the face, it cover less than some wetsuits and Christian Nun clothes...

Burka cover the face

Hope you don't live in Thailand cause you must be crazy with all the muslims here

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

15 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

Indonesia:

That photo was promoting a resort in Bali - a Hindu island, not Moslem.

Malaysia:

39% of Malaysia's population is not Moslem, being predominantly Buddhist and Christian.

Dubai

The resort's website says it caters for expats and tourists - not the local population.

Not really sure what your point is.

5 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

Bukini is a wet suit, it does not cover the face, it cover less than some wetsuits and Christian Nun clothes...

Burka cover the face

Hope you don't live in Thailand cause you must be crazy with all the muslims here

I thought burkini included a head covering?

I like all the muslims here on Sukhumvit...some of those women are quite beautiful and I love to openly check them out with a hungry lustlful eyeful in front of their hubbies.

i am an old man and some of those young cuties still enjoy the attention. 

;-)

55 minutes ago, Rancid said:

The reality is that Muslim immigration does not lead to integration, their only ideas on that is to convert the host society to their culture/religion.

That aside though I think if they want want to swim in the burkini, then surely that is their right? Would have thought there would have been more radical practices to go after such as Sharia Law, wife beating, genital mutilation etc.

In reality the integration of most Muslims in France works rather well, but of course we rarely notice normality. But constantly pointing them as the main challenge for the nation and for "identity" may indeed in the end alienate them and push them towards religion and communalism. 

2 minutes ago, Calach said:

In reality the integration of most Muslims in France works rather well, but of course we rarely notice normality. But constantly pointing them as the main challenge for the nation and for "identity" may indeed in the end alienate them and push them towards religion and communalism. 

I thought it was their insistence on wearing burqas and long sheet like clothing that contributed to their alienation?  

3 hours ago, Class C said:

You could make a good case for arguing that France is inciting the whole situation by allowing ‘charlie hebdo’ cartoons that are totally disrespectful. 

Where is the logic in fanning the flames ?

charlie hebdo cartoons

Freedom of expression, speech, satire; you name it. Yours is the same argument which says no talking politics or religion in bars--because some people simply can't take any criticism of their beliefs and doing so could end in violence. That may be a major reason so many people are politically and religiously ignorant. 

Hope this isn't off topic but another type of ban on Muslims is being reported which involves the police in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou telling hotels,   boarding houses at the lower end of the scale not to rent rooms to people from five Muslim countries,   incl Pakistan and Syria.     Apparently no reason has been given and the Chinese Security Ministry are discreetly denying they know about it.

The leading English language newspaper in Hong Kong is suggesting it may have security implications as Guangzhou is about to host a development conference and the G20 will be meeting soon in another city 1,000 Kms away.

Imagine this happening in Europe,   the human rights lobby would explode.

Several off topic posts have been removed from view.  This topic is about France, not Thailand.  Apologies to the members with the appropriate replies to the posts removed.

Please show respect to other members or warnings will be handed out.

:wai2:

41 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I thought it was their insistence on wearing burqas and long sheet like clothing that contributed to their alienation?  

Considering face coverings, including the burka, is banned in public places in France, I wonder how many Muslim women in France still have face coverings when out in public places. Maybe someone who lives in France can truthfully confirm the prevalence of face coverings by Muslim women. Note the following...

French police say that while there are five million Muslims in France, fewer than 2,000 are thought to fully cover their faces with a veil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ban_on_face_covering

Exactly. 

Whether its a hoodie with sunglasses or a motorcycle helmet or a ski mask...they do not belong in a public place. My bank requires that I remove my sunglasses and ballcap when I enter the premises. I support this. 

But a burkini doesn't cover your face?

So would be more like...

Your bank want to see your face, so they don't allow you to where a long sleeve shirt and long pants...

Does that make sense?

Just because the name sounds similar to Burka, doesn't mean it is the same thing

The below is a burkini... Clear now?

5caf12410ab8dfcd08739eaae6f8ac31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

I was going to write something very similar to your reply. It is indeed funny that the burkini is banned for completely opposite reasons in France and in Saudi Arabia and, I was told, in Morocco as-well. Probably also in many other Muslim countries.