Thailand’s Immigration Police Monitors Movements of East European Men

rooster59

Thailand’s Immigration Police Monitors Movements of East European Men

BANGKOK – Thailannd’s Immigration police are monitoring the movements of all Eastern European men entering and leaving Thailand during June and July as part of an extensive hunt for a gang that allegedly hacked Government Savings Bank ATMs and stole Bt12.29 million last month.

Early this month, it was discovered that criminals had infected 21 ATM computers with malware to dispense cash without authorisation.

Immigration police chief Pol Lt-General Natthorn Phrosunthorn yesterday said his office – which assisted the investigation led by national police senior adviser Pol General Panya Mamen – used security camera footage of suspects to compare with images of Eastern European visitors, mainly from Russia, Romania, Latvia and Estonia.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-immigration-police-monitors-movements-of-east-european-men.html

changraitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang Rai Times 2016-08-28

Have they decided what they actually consider a Eastern Europe   ?

Out of interest I Googled it and part of the references state there's no consensus as to what comprises Eastern Europe as there are so many factors to be taken into consideration.

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

It was a spoof comment. Like the bible says the 7 serious years have past its time for the 7 years of laughter and merriment.

The bank cards were produced in the Ukraine, it seems reasonable to assume that Eastern European people were involved, it wouldn't be the first time

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

if only they could micro chip them to monitor their movements. maybe start with their mobile phones. anyone else thought of that?

surely those who wish to carry out such crime can get access to alternate phones.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Easy.....they don't look like locals!

yes but they do  look like other europeans, even americans. physical distinction will definitely not be possible.and then there are fake ID documents available. the schemers will be able to hide their tracks if they want to.

42 minutes ago, sahibji said:

yes but they do  look like other europeans, even americans. physical distinction will definitely not be possible.and then there are fake ID documents available. the schemers will be able to hide their tracks if they want to.

"...they do  look like other europeans, even americans."

Can you tell us what an American or European looks like? Is there a check box to clarify?

Black or white?:rolleyes:

"...they do  look like other europeans, even americans."

Can you tell us what an American or European looks like? Is there a check box to clarify?

Black or white?:rolleyes:

No, you see the problem is we all look the same...

1 hour ago, JAG said:

No, you see the problem is we all look the same...

An old cynicism, but very close to the truth. It's the only reasonable explanation for the behaviour of these people who routinely ignore obesity, advanced age, senility and lasciviousness, and only notice the whiteness of our skin and their approximation based on their observation of behaviour), of the size of our bank accounts.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

6 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

An old cynicism, but very close to the truth. It's the only reasonable explanation for the behaviour of these people who routinely ignore obesity, advanced age, senility and lasciviousness, and only notice the whiteness of our skin and their approximation based on their observation of behaviour), of the size of our bank accounts.

Winnie

Hey steady the Buffs, whilst i am no longer the lean mean steely eyed killer of my younger days, I would describe myself as comfortable rather than obese, I'm not really that old, I am pretty sure that I have most of my faculties, and I'm quite good at the lavisciousness, although kept in check by Best Beloved.

They're definitely wrong about the bank account though....

:D 

15 minutes ago, JAG said:

Hey steady the Buffs, whilst i am no longer the lean mean steely eyed killer of my younger days, I would describe myself as comfortable rather than obese, I'm not really that old, I am pretty sure that I have most of my faculties, and I'm quite good at the lavisciousness, although kept in check by Best Beloved.

They're definitely wrong about the bank account though....

:D 

Ah yes. No offence intended. Psychology (like statistics) often applies to the general and is less reliable when applied to the particular. You are clearly an exception. Well done for not conforming...

I, on the contrary tend to (but do not quite yet) conform to the norm I describe above. Not the lascivious bit though, I am not dominated by carnal desires, never have been, well not since my teens anyway, and everybody does that in their teens - just some never quite manage to grow out of it. As we know.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

8 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Out of interest I Googled it and part of the references state there's no consensus as to what comprises Eastern Europe as there are so many factors to be taken into consideration.

A passport supposedly suggests a nationality.

23 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

For Reference, Eastern Europe are all the European Countries prior to World War Two that where taken over by Russians at the conclusion of the Second World War. It does not include East Germany anymore and ever since they unified with West Germany.