Decathlon Sports Store Opening at Tesco Hang Dong in October

flare

I saw that a Decathlon Shop is going to open on October 14th at Tesco Hang Dong (near the airport), but I'm not familiar with them.  Does anyone know if they stock larger sizes (like actual US/European L and XL), or are they more like Super Sports which stocks mostly smaller sizes?  I was just about to order some gym clothes and T-shirts from the States, but I can wait until the opening date if Decathlon can outfit me.  I did look at their website, but what's shown online and what's there in reality  an sometimes diverge...

It looks fairly promising.....Hopefully western larger sizes.....

The website shows lots of stuff but it you check out categories (I checked camping), it's an incomplete smattering of products & the websites usually offer more than a storefront.....

Still - it's seemingly more than we have now - maybe....

Decathalon is like IKEA for sports gear, with a similar policy of overstocking the whole range, if it's not there to be sold, they can't make a profit.

i think you will find that everything on the website will be available. I made a shopping list and visited the shop in Bang-Na, and came away with everything I wanted.

I went to several decathlon in bangkok and they have many different size. Some product go to 4xl but usually 2xl. Website is not complete and some shops have more than others. In decathlon rama 4 u can find canoe but not in rangsit for example. I really like decathlon for quality and size. 

Well, just for the record, the Tesco Lotus Company itself (as well as Google Maps and every other website I checked) calls that store their Hang Dong branch (they even answer the phone by saying, 'Tesco Lotus Hang Dong')- http://www.map-chiangmai.com/en/1021.html, so that's how I refer to it (though it's true it's a bit over the border)- I'm just going with how it's locally known.;)

In any case, it's good to hear Decathlon stocks larger sizes.

8 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Be interesting to see where in the Tesco complex they will be located.If its upstairs near the food court that's been a graveyard for a few businesses

It will be on the ground floor near the entrance on the left (the main entrance)- they recently did some renovations and created a large space which I thought was going to be used for several smaller shops, but I saw the announcement and display for Decathlon when I was there yesterday.

It still might not be the greatest spot for business, though- Tesco doesn't get nearly the same amount of people as the Big C just two minutes down the road (which packs them in, especially on weekends), which has the better position at the corner of HD Road and the Middle Ring Road.  Tesco is definitely a quieter location.

Archived