Regime moves to ease drug laws starting with meth, marijuana

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Um, you seem to forget this is also about ya ba, and also "eventually" could be decades away.

Well surely folks can grow Yaba bushes in their backyards too; after all they're easy enough to plant!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...good for the economy....good for tourism....

..good for the economy again...when foreigners are selectively singled out....

...a little different approach than The Philippines....or maybe the same in the long run....

...makes one wonder who is behind this thriving Meth Trade that we read about daily, though......

Thats not whats happening in the USA with weed.
Thailand is in lockstep with the USA on drugs, defense, everything.

They haven't been in lockstep since LBJ was President of the USA, and then barely. It was a paycheck, material and a policy that dovetailed to the Thai Governments plans at that moment in time. Once it is gone ........ that's it

7 hours ago, phycokiller said:

not sure about meths but huge amounts of western school kids are on amphetamines to improve their concentration, and coffee is popular too

They will find out the same thing I learned in Uni.

Speed may increase concentration and increase study clock time, but...

Grades do not increase under  speed.  Learning does not increase.  Problem solving does not increase.

Only bad side effects from the pills increase.

All in all, a total waste of time, money and health.

8 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

They will find out the same thing I learned in Uni.

Speed may increase concentration and increase study clock time, but...

Grades do not increase under  speed.  Learning does not increase.  Problem solving does not increase.

Only bad side effects from the pills increase.

All in all, a total waste of time, money and health.

actually its been pretty extensively researched and they came to slightly different conclusions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine

21 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

good idea. Don't get too excited though as it medical use only, not recreational.

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Opium and heroin are great for treating pain. They should be added to the list.

What about easing the restrictions on real meds like the Diazepam family ?? Making them better available in Thailand and/or legally bringing them from overseas.

3 hours ago, dhream said:

Thats not whats happening in the USA with weed.
Thailand is in lockstep with the USA on drugs, defense, everything.
Meth is being put into section 2 to allow science to study it.
Are you able to mount a coherent argument based on science and legal precedent, or are you here to push last centuries drug propaganda at us?

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Damn there a some dickheads on this site, not saying you are one, it's not allowed, but where does your comment relate to my reply, you have truly gone off the rails,  mate, your well and truly off the bloody planet. I'm afraid I can no longer reply to your tripe, it's just too ridiculous.

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Hope that anyone committing a crime

that tests positive for drugs gets an

automatic 1 year prison sentence, and

the same for driving a car, motorbike or

truck under the influence.

Are you including alcohol and nicotine in your definition of drugs here?

This ain't just Thailand's idea, Malaysia is also thinking of relaxing drug laws.
https://www.change.org/p/reexamine-marijuana-and-allow-local-research-and-education/u/16506344

The Thailand government are looking to reform the laws on cannabis and will soon make medical use of it possible for their citizens. Although there are many research done on the medical potentials of cannabis, there is yet any complete study on the psychological aspects behind the psychedelic plant. MCare Society would like to propose the clinical research with the theories discussed in their study to be the pioneer study for Malaysia.

http://cancerremedies.net/meet-the-thai-doctor-author-who-says-marijuana-can-cure-cancer/
Meet the Thai doctor-author who says marijuana can cure cancer.
Article of the man who has brought about change in Thailand.

So what is our best option here?

We should legalize marijuana and allow people to grow it themselves for medicinal purposes, as well as sell it to make medicine. Normal marijuana already sells at B50,000 per kilogram and the price will go up about 3-4 times if it’s used for medicine. It’s truly the gold you can grow in your backyard! We have been brainwashed for 40 years into thinking it’s a narcotic when in fact it’s not. It’s even used to treat drug addicts. I recently realized that there are groups currently using cannabis for their cancer only they can’t reveal themselves because it’s illegal!

1 hour ago, Rorri said:

Damn there a some dickheads on this site, not saying you are one, it's not allowed, but where does your comment relate to my reply, you have truly gone off the rails,  mate, your well and truly off the bloody planet. I'm afraid I can no longer reply to your tripe, it's just too ridiculous.

You said the cops would sell weed 'legally' to which I replied, like they sell beer 'legally'. Which is of course as nonsensical as your brilliant opine on legal weed. But not saying you're an idiot that cant even remember the <deleted> you post to begin with... maaate. You DOZY plonker.

1 minute ago, little mary sunshine said:

Alcohol is a widely abused drug....nicotine......don't t know of

people getting high, just ruining their lungs

Thanks for your answer.  So you would include alcohol but not nicotine?  How about prescribed drugs that have an intoxicating effect?

10 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

http://cancerremedies.net/meet-the-thai-doctor-author-who-says-marijuana-can-cure-cancer/
Meet the Thai doctor-author who says marijuana can cure cancer.
Article of the man who has brought about change in Thailand.

More internet BS....probably by some pot head justifying 

their own addiction......oh a pot is not addicting....neither is

booz 555555555

6 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

If abused, like the junkies do, they should have the same consequences 

What about if they weren't abused, but the medication had an intoxicating effect then someone committed a crime whilst under the effects?

booz 555555555

The world is changing sunshine!
Only dullards cling to broken solutions.
Whether you approve or not, regardless of your infantile insults that all progressive drug campaigners and psychonauts with more brains in their fingernail than your entire head, are 'junkies' You just read like a muddled and frightened troll.
Go away and teach sunday school to girl guides or something.

What about easing the restrictions on real meds like the Diazepam family ?? Making them better available in Thailand and/or legally bringing them from overseas.

Are you joking? Any pharmacy on Sukhumvit will sell you just about any pill that has a big pharma brand name on it. If they don't, try the next one, you can get almost anything with enough legwork and a semi convincing back story. Same goes for any city in LOS.

Help out BBC reporters, poor old Quentin, legalize it and he doesn't have to go through this again.

Quentin Sommerville, the BBC reporter gets high while on camera.
He was standing next to burning pile of heroin, opium and hash.

Unfortunately we never learn what the report was all about

30 minutes ago, Slip said:

What about if they weren't abused, but the medication had an intoxicating effect then someone committed a crime whilst under the effects?

What if they did?  Are you excused if you commit a crime whilst intoxicated in any other way?

43 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

booz 555555555

Just to clarify, are you accusing Dr Somyot Kittimankong of being a drug abuser?

3 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

What if they did?  Are you excused if you commit a crime whilst intoxicated in any other way?

I was trying to establish Mary's boundaries on this.  She said that anyone intoxicated who committed a crime should be imprisoned for a year.  I'm sure there are plenty of prescribed drugs out there that have a seriously intoxicating effect.  I wondered whether Mary would include those who were involuntarily intoxicated in her minimum one-year sentencing.