Railway worker killed, stationmaster injured in blast

rooster59

Railway worker killed, stationmaster injured in blast

The Nation

30294458-01_big.jpg

KHOK PHO:-- A railway worker was killed and a stationmaster was injured Saturday when a bomb exploded on the train track in Pattani’s Khok Pho district.

The train was derailed and its last car was badly damaged in the incident involving the local train leaving Sungai Kolok in Narathiwat and heading for Hat Yai in Songkhla.

The explosion took place shortly before 6 pm Saturday. No passengers were injured.

Chaowalit Khongpan, a State Railway of Thailand worker who was on the last car at the time of explosion, was killed in the blast. Amnuey Mapae, a stationmaster, was injured in the incident.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-03

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Bloody bastards!

Totally agree

These terrorists are upping the anti  and successfully at that. Strangely enough as it seems find myself defending Thailand back home in the UK whenever people refer to tourists being harmed albeit by bombs or attacks by locals. To me I pray things get better. Otherwise this great country will get too much bad press that even TAT predictions can't overcome. 

RIP  

According to Prayut recently, as the peace restoration process is unlikely to become successful anytime soon, everyone should allow sufficient time for authorities to perform their duties first. 

How many more years does the military need? It's been decades now.

Considering that Prayut has said also recently that the southern unrest cannot be tackled through political means , productive peace talks may be far into the future.

Archived