Flying Domestic with my daughter...?

baboon

Thinking of taking Miss baboon up to Bangkok to meet her grandmother later this year and was wondering what documents would be needed.

She is 6, was born here and I am the biological father who was at the time and remains married to her mother.

Any advice would be most welcome...

• 2 weeks later...

Original birth certificate with your name on it as the father.
We travel often with "our" daughter, neither of us are the biological parents, the girl is my gf's brothers daughter thus they have the same family name. I even wonder if the name of the parents on the bc matter as long as it is domestic.
Does any know for sure?
Ask the airline?
We traveled with a copy of her bc and ran into problems flying Thai Lion Air, they require the original bc. Other companies were fine with a copy.

On 9/17/2016 at 2:52 AM, tartempion said:

Original birth certificate with your name on it as the father.
We travel often with "our" daughter, neither of us are the biological parents, the girl is my gf's brothers daughter thus they have the same family name. I even wonder if the name of the parents on the bc matter as long as it is domestic.
Does any know for sure?
Ask the airline?
We traveled with a copy of her bc and ran into problems flying Thai Lion Air, they require the original bc. Other companies were fine with a copy.

"I even wonder if the name of the parents on the bc matter as long as it is domestic.
Does any know for sure?"

From experience: no, it does not matter.

On September 6, 2016 at 8:43 PM, baboon said:

She is 6, was born here and I am the biological father who was at the time and remains married to her mother.

Is 6 years old too young to get an ID card? If so then the birth cert should work. All she should need is a good form of ID right? 

Worst case just call the airline. There are only a couple that fly domestic anyway. 

6 hours ago, Strange said:

Is 6 years old too young to get an ID card? If so then the birth cert should work. All she should need is a good form of ID right? 

Worst case just call the airline. There are only a couple that fly domestic anyway. 

The standard age to get a Thai ID card is 15 years. Not sure if you can get one earlier than that.

1 minute ago, swissbie said:

No, now Thais are requiered having issued an ID Card  at the age of 7 years.

My wife told me that last week. Our daughter can get an ID card at 7 y.o.

In your case, just go get a Thai passport for you daughter. She can board with her Thai passport  and bring the BC also.

We have been flying domestic with our half-Thai daughter, born in Thailand, since before she was 3 years old. A copy of birth certificate – we just used a copy of the English translation showing her name in latin letters, my family name – she has been flying with Thai mom alone; with both of us; and with me alone, using only that piece of paper. I am not married to my daughter's mom, who is "just a girlfriend"...:smile:

Normally you cannot have Thai ID-card before the age of 7; but you can apply for passport before that age, believe at any age.

Archived