How deep is Nai Harn lake?

Tapster

I'm wondering if anyone knows how deep Nai Harn lake is.

I'm looking for somewhere suitable for scuba training, with no current and up to 20m depth, accessible by car.

I don't think that Nai Harn lake is that deep but does anyone know for sure?

Many thanks.      :)

3 meters max.

All divecenters would like what you"re looking for, closest would probably be Karon rock, but only from November through April and you'll have to take a longtail.

Edited by stevenl

24 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@stevenl

And what is the reason, please? 

Sorry, seemed very obvious to me: because there is no diving closerby. So the suggestion of any Phang Nga lakes should not be taken seriously.

Thanks, thaibutty. 

Actually, we've decided to stump up and hire a boat. 

If there was sanctioned scuba diving in lakes or reservoirs here, I'm sure someone would have heard of it.

I don't want to risk police involvement with possible confiscation of all our gear. 

:thumbsup:

We're training in tech diving and only need 60' of water (no corals or fish required) to simulate decompression stops and in which to do training exercises with tech gear rather than the recreational buoyancy and air/gas supply we've been used to.

We were hoping to save lots of money diving without a boat. The option of diving from the beach (walking in, without a boat) isn't recommended in the wet season so we were looking inland, as it were.

:D

33 minutes ago, Tapster said:

We're training in tech diving and only need 60' of water (no corals or fish required) to simulate decompression stops and in which to do training exercises with tech gear rather than the recreational buoyancy and air/gas supply we've been used to.

We were hoping to save lots of money diving without a boat. The option of diving from the beach (walking in, without a boat) isn't recommended in the wet season so we were looking inland, as it were.

:D

Take into account that officially for all tours you have to have a yellow class guide on the boat. There have been a few checks of this lately. If you depart from an unusual point, like Rawai or Panwa, checks won't be an issue, but depart from Chalong or Rassada and there could be a check.