Tourism Minister in Phuket to bolster tourist confidence in security

rooster59

Tourism Minister in Phuket to bolster tourist confidence in security

The Phuket News

1473502441_1-org.jpg

Minister Kobkarn joined Tourist Police Commander Maj Gen Surachet Hakpan and guests to launch the 'We're Safe, Thailand's Safe' campaign at the Duangjit Resort & Spa in Patong this morning (Sept 10), Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul arrived in Phuket today to launch a campaign to boost tourist confidence in security, ahead of a Tourist Police mass event on Bangla Rd, Patong, this evening (Sept 10).

Minister Kobkarn joined Tourist Police Commander Maj Gen Surachet Hakpan to launch the "We're Safe, Thailand's Safe" campaign at the Duangjit Resort & Spa in Patong this morning, attended by about 1,000 officials, police and police volunteers.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tourism-minister-in-phuket-to-bolster-tourist-confidence-in-security-59059.php#EMkr9Brqhv4ewGrB.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-10

Whilst I am not a tourist, it appears Minister Kobkarn only wishes to boost their confidence, I feel suitably boosted.

I now know that it is safe to walk down Bangla Road at 7pm on a Saturday night.

"Gen Surachet will join scores of Tourist Police officers and volunteers at the police box on Bangla Rd at about 7pm before walking along Phuket’s premier party street"

Despite being so "boosted" I think, I shall remain in Issan for a little while longer.

If only action would match the amount of talk and the volume of food consumed at these conferences/promotions/seminars/forums/symposiums et al.

Anyway it is all too late; the damage has been done over the last few years from the international publicity given to tourists in Thailand being bashed, robbed, cheated, chopped up by boat propellers and killed and injured in road accidents etc etc.