How many meals out of a chicken?

Scotwight

OK the chicken is precooked, and doesn't fit some's idea of creative cooking.  I like to cook (or smoke) a chicken myself, but the leftovers can take some creativity to cook with.

Some that come to mind

Chicken stew, I add lots of veggies and make some dumplings

Chicken Paprikash (if you have access to sour cream)

Chicken pies

On 9/12/2016 at 11:22 AM, Jip99 said:

Buying pre-cooked gives you no control over the cooking time or flavours (Big C chickens are particularly horrible).

Yes, you can add flavour later, but the point remains that nobody would buy a pre-cooked chicken for reasons of culinary excellence. I am not knocking it, I often buy a Makro pre-cooked chicken to make a sandwich or a salad.

Quite. They put various flavours of stuffing inside and some can be really distasteful. I got caught out a few times early doors. Now I stick to known sources.

On 14.9.2016 at 0:11 AM, KittenKong said:

Sod the dogs.

I make soup, in fact from one chicken carcass I generally make two different soups and freeze one of them. Lovely!

Dito, but after cooking, my wife takes out the carcasses, peals off the meat and softer bone parts, puts them in a meat cutter or grinder, together with the cooked carrots and other vegetables, and makes dog foot out of them.

The reduced soup  makes a good chicken stock base.