BMW G310R Review..

properperson

Made in India, eh.

Well the KTM 390 Duke got almost 10hp more so it will fly past the BMW.

However I read in a Danish bike magazine that the naked KTM is all about fun and not much else and they preferred the Yamaha R3 overall (They tested 3 bikes: Kawa Z300, 390Duke & R3).

Will be interesting to see how the 310BMW stacks up against above 3 bikes and also important: Price.

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Made in India, eh.

Well the KTM 390 Duke got almost 10hp more so it will fly past the BMW.

However I read in a Danish bike magazine that the naked KTM is all about fun and not much else and they preferred the Yamaha R3 overall (They tested 3 bikes: Kawa Z300, 390Duke & R3).

Will be interesting to see how the 310BMW stacks up against above 3 bikes and also important: Price.

Well what else is it meant to be about ? Cake baking ???

1 minute ago, properperson said:

Well what else is it meant to be about ? Cake baking ???

Being useful as commuter/touring bike just to mention a few, the testers on the mentioned site thought that the R3 will do a better job of that.

So you can go bake a cake and think about that;)

24 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Being useful as commuter/touring bike just to mention a few, the testers on the mentioned site thought that the R3 will do a better job of that.

So you can go bake a cake and think about that;)

Well funny old world - Visordown Motorcycle News, one of the most respected bike reviewers out there - said the Duke 390 was one of the best comuters out there ! and was the quickest sub 400cc bike available - with the pull like a 2 stroke from the 1980's ....

And compated to the MT03 it won in almost every area - Test here:

Edited by properperson

Well reviews are reviews, one tester prefer that bike and another tester another bike, I don't put too much into it but prefer forums where you can get input from owners over a long time period.

Why worry so much about it? I certainly don't, ohh I forgot, you own a KTM, right?

Well we are off topic now, which was the new BMW.  

8 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well reviews are reviews, one tester prefer that bike and another tester another bike, I don't put too much into it but prefer forums where you can get input from owners over a long time period.

Why worry so much about it? I certainly don't, ohh I forgot, you own a KTM, right?

Well we are off topic now, which was the new BMW.  

no MT09 ....

12 hours ago, augustwest said:

If BMW can sell it here for 200000 or les they have a slight chance of succeeding. 400000 and they wouldn't sell one!
Problem is it's made in India

Most BMW motorcycles you can buy in Thailand are made in Thailand or made in China… Personally I have the feeling that Made in India is a bit better than the Made in China label…

• 1 month later...