If Dealing With Immigration , Always Expect The Un Expected …

Ive been doing my I year visa extension for some years now, (support, married to a Thai and I am over 50 years of age ) I have read on this forum that if you have been doing your 1 year Non ‘ O’ visa extension before October the 1st this year

You can still use the 400,000 baht in a Thai bank route.

Knowing the well known saying,,, if dealing with Immigration , always expect the un expected … I would like this time to go for my annual visa extension armed with if possible the Thai version of the new rules that confirm the above 400,000 Baht ( grandfather ) route is official .

In the past having a Thai copy of the regulation in question has saved the day.

Can any one please tell me where I can get a copy of the new regulations (just showing the grandfarther rule?)in Thai...?

Many Thanks........... Mumbo

Ive been doing my I year visa extension for some years now, (support, married to a Thai and I am over 50 years of age ) I have read on this forum that if you have been doing your 1 year Non ‘ O’ visa extension before October the 1st this year

Knowing the well known saying,,, if dealing with Immigration , always expect the un expected … I would like this time to go for my annual visa extension armed with if possible the Thai version of the new rules that confirm the above 400,000 Baht ( grandfather ) route is official .

Can any one please tell me where I can get a copy of the new regulations (just showing the grandfarther rule?)in Thai...?

Dont forget that the 400,000 has to be in the bank for 3 months before you apply.

Immigration Acts

Click on the English/Thai to change language.

Strangely, the website of the Immigration Bureau has only the English translations of Police Orders 606/2549 and 608/2549 on the English-language site, but not the Thai original text on their Thai-language site. It would be useful to have the Thai version there for the upcountry Immigration officials to refer to when they are uncertain about something.

---------------

Maestro

Dont forget that the 400,000 has to be in the bank for 3 months before you apply.

As I understand the rules it is either 400,000 baht in the bank, OR at least 40,000 baht income per month OR a combination.

This is what I have been using for my last 3 extensions and as far as I understand that is also grandfathered across.

However I have been wrong before.

HI ..billd766

Ive been doing the same for some years now, but with all that's changed i can just see me going to some Immigration office with the normal bank letter, bank book showing 400,000 Baht in it Etc

and the immigration guy getting mixed up with the grandfathered across rule, so if I do have a problem in convincing the officer, I can just show him a printed copy in Thai showing the part of the new rules about the grandfathered across rule . knowing my luck I would like an Ace up my sleeve !!.... No can do, no can do ...have new rule ..... then I show the officer the Thai copy in writing ...? let's hope some one knows where its shown in Thai so I can take my Ace with me just in case .....

Thanks.........Mumbo

Thanks ....... Sunbelt for your prompt reply, its very much Appreciated and I lookforward to

the attachement in the next couple days.

Just having a Thai copy with me may come in handy and save the day,

and may also help some one else who has to deal with Immigration .

Thanks.............. Mumbo

I managed to find copys of the Royal Thai Police Headquaters Act No. 606 /2549 and 608 / 2549.... in Thai

which are the guide lines to the new visa rules , This may come in handy if you are dealing with Thai Immigration officers who may not be up to date with the new regulations...?

They can be found here...

Act 606/2549

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606.pdf

Act 608/2549

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp608.pdf

Mumbo

I managed to find copys of the Royal Thai Police Headquaters Act No. 606 /2549 and 608 / 2549.... in Thai

which are the guide lines to the new visa rules , This may come in handy if you are dealing with Thai Immigration officers who may not be up to date with the new regulations...?

They can be found here...

Act 606/2549

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606.pdf

Act 608/2549

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp608.pdf

Mumbo

Good. I was able to get the pages scanned but never got around to uploading them yesterday. Thanks for the link.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

This will be my third time that I will be applying for my yearly retirement visa, the amount required is always well in excess of the 800,000 when I apply, usually topped up six weeks before,

I can show my account to have regular withdraws throughout the year.

Quite often on this forum it’s stated that everyone must show the required amount in the bank 3 months prior to applying.

But the new regulations don’t state this ruling, as taken from their guide lines below.

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than baht 800,000

Account transactions for the past 3 months.

The money in the bank 3 months before only apply to an alien who entered Thailand

Before October 21st 1998.

If anyony can read different into their guide lines please let me know here is the ling to the rules

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

Immigration Acts

Click on the English/Thai to change language.

I noticed that the link is dated Nov 2004, surly that is out of date by now

That is the date the web site was established/part of website name - not when it was last updated.

lopburi3, thank you for putting me on the right track,and the promp reply.

Cheers sometime

Quite often on this forum it’s stated that everyone must show the required amount in the bank 3 months prior to applying.

But the new regulations don’t state this ruling, as taken from their guide lines below.

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than baht 800,000

Account transactions for the past 3 months.

Sometime, you left out a few words in your quote. The complete text from Immigration’s translation is as follows:

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than Baht 800,000 as shown in bank account transactions for the past 3 months;

This is one of the problems of English translations of Thai texts. What do they mean with “as shown in bank account transactions”? I read it to mean that the bank statement or the savings account book must show that the money was there for at least 3 months prior to the date of application for extension, and since this is how immigration offices apply it one may safely assume that this is what the Thai text means. But don’t take my word for it, read yourself under 7.17(4) or get it translated for you:

(๔) มีเงินฝากในธนาคารในประเทศไทย ไมนอยกวา ๘๐๐,๐๐๐ บาท โดยแสดง บัญชีเงินฝากยอนหลัง ๓ เดือน หรือ

The English translation led you to believe that the 3-month requirement applies only to grandfathered cases under 7.17(6)(a) but not to new applications under 7.17(4). Here is the Thai text from 7.17.(6)(a)

๕๐๐,๐๐๐ บาท โดย แสดงบัญชีเงินฝากยอนหลัง ๓ เดือน หรือ มีรายไดไมนอยกวาเดือนละ

I cannot read Thai but as far I can see the Thai text is identical for both cases, while the English translation is not.

---------------

Maestro