Schools Closing

The KKK is a fantastic example of what i am talking about.The white/christian majority of the USA all but destroyed them.The people of america did not tolerate them and the goverment went out of their way to put an end to the KKK.To be fair they were 95% successful.Same with similar groups in England ,like NF/C18.The communities have played the biggest part in their demise.

I did NOT say all muslims were insurgents,nor did i say all muslims in the south supported them.I said some did and thats why the insurgents existed.The insurgents must have connections/financial sources.The insurgencies in southern thailand are hardly small and extremely well organised either.

In the UK we were fed the same bullshit,its just a tiny minority,they dont have any support,all british muslims are against islamic terrorism blah blah blah Yeh then the media polled muslims and found that a whopping 20% of british muslims actually sympathised with those that carried out these atrocities against their fellow brits.

Saying that,most of what i have wrote above and what you wrote is irelevent!

You still missing my point. :o

For the last time.It is a FACT that they are muslims.Thus i refer to them as muslim insurgents.Deal with it because nothing that you or the guy above say are going to change that fact.

Whether the "Muslim" label applies should depend upon whether it's a pertinent to the conflict at hand. Presumably, the insurgents fit other categories as well: Asian, brown-skinned, Indo-Chinese, etc. But, we have not called them "Brown insurgents" or "Asian Insurgents" because such terms clearly cast too wide a net.

The term Muslim may also cast too wide a net. I say "may" because the answer may depend on things I don't know, such as whether their actions are sanctioned by some sort of official religious authority, and whether a significant proportion of the Muslim population supports their actions.

While the KKK were White and Christian, the U.S. media and U.S. culture tend not to refer to them or anyone else as "Christian Terrorists".

L-man

The KKK is a fantastic example of what i am talking about.The white/christian majority of the USA all but destroyed them.The people of america did not tolerate them and the goverment went out of their way to put an end to the KKK.To be fair they were 95% successful.Same with similar groups in England ,like NF/C18.The communities have played the biggest part in their demise.

I did NOT say all muslims were insurgents,nor did i say all muslims in the south supported them.I said some did and thats why the insurgents existed.The insurgents must have connections/financial sources.The insurgencies in southern thailand are hardly small and extremely well organised either.

In the UK we were fed the same bullshit,its just a tiny minority,they dont have any support,all british muslims are against islamic terrorism blah blah blah Yeh then the media polled muslims and found that a whopping 20% of british muslims actually sympathised with those that carried out these atrocities against their fellow brits.

Saying that,most of what i have wrote above and what you wrote is irelevent!

You still missing my point. :o

For the last time.It is a FACT that they are muslims.Thus i refer to them as muslim insurgents.Deal with it because nothing that you or the guy above say are going to change that fact.

And you are wilfully missing mine. You're tainting 1.6 billion people with the actions of a tiny minority.

I think this exchange roots from my comment that the people who planted the bomb in Hat Yai were muslim. They were/are.

I didn't say all muslims are terrorists, but i do believe many have sympathies.

Similarly if I say that the people in the Whitehouse are nutters, it doesn't necessarily lead to 'all nutters live in the Whitehouse' (too small).

I think this exchange roots from my comment that the people who planted the bomb in Hat Yai were muslim. They were/are.

I didn't say all muslims are terrorists, but i do believe many have sympathies.

Similarly if I say that the people in the Whitehouse are nutters, it doesn't necessarily lead to 'all nutters live in the Whitehouse' (too small).

please provide a cite that states they were muslims ..............

please provide a cite that states they were muslims ..............

Mid, after reading several of your posts in various threads, it is clear that your only input is to provoke arguments and derail threads with your trivial posts.

There is a certain irony between the fact that this thread is about extremists cutting people off from education and creating an enviroment where hostility and division can breed, thereby suppressing constructive dialogue, and your peevish and unintelligent posts that are creating the same kind of enviroment on this thread and in this forum.

I would expect you to answer this in your usual manner, but I ask you please to think first and reply constructively and in relation to the topic. :o

Edited by Robski

Schools in southern Thailand closing. Teachers targeted as victims, even farang being killed (and we think one farang in Hat Yai was a teacher, right?).

Please keep the discussion on topic.

Are schools in all 3 southern provinces all cancelled now, at least the goverment schools? Is there any reopening target date, or is it indefinite?

Lawman/endure its safe to say that Islam plays its part in the conflict.

As for the KKK,well in my country they were known as white christian whackos and in america they were certainly seen as white supremacists/nutcases.By some peoples logic,by calling them white you are offending 220 million other americans? But thats what they are(were),white and christian.I have no problem with this label,because you know what? i dont burn black people on crosses and i dont have a wardrobe full of white robes.So when i hear stories about the KKK and i hear them being reffered to as white supremacist christian wacko nutcases weirdos...I dont get offended!

Yet by saying "muslim insurgents in southern thailand...".I am somehow unfairly labelling the worlds muslims.99.5% of whom,do not actually live in southern Thailand.I guess some people feel that muslims are just to stupid to actually realise where they are and what they do everyday.Mohammed doesnt really live in Morroco,hes cutting off monks heads in southern thailand.He just doesnt realise it.... :o What politically correct horses@@t.

Disagree to agree ? :D

Apoligies PB,Ill drop it now :D

On topic,

If these schools have closed in the south.So there will be no TEFLing done their for a while.Add that to pattaya.

Any other places that are without farang TEFLers? Like,major areas of Thailand?

Taken as a percentage of teachers, foreign TEFL teachers are scarce on the ground EVERYWHERE in Thailand. With the recent visa, license, governmental, and rebel shenanigans, getting thinner all the time.

Great news for teachers left here - more opportunity and less competition for the good jobs!