Where to buy CR123A batteries?

Angry Beaver

First off I apologize if this is in the wrong forum and moderators please feel free to move it.

So my question is does anyone know where to source some good CR123A batteries locally? 7-eleven/Tesco has them for like 200THB each which is way too overpriced. I also came across some online shops selling a box of 12x Surefire 123's for 1300-1600THB (really expensive!). "Thai Power Light" on Rama 9 has the SF123's for like 70THB each which is a great price but seem to always be out of stock.

Amazon has great deals but there doesn't seem to be a vendor that ships to Thailand and same with eBay. The only ones that ship to Thailand are either really expensive or poor quality cells. Ideally I'd like to avoid any of the cheap chinese brands with "fire" in the name (e.g. Trustfire, Ultrafire, Fandyfire, etc.)

I know I can't be the only flashlight "enthusiast" on this forum! Thanks in advance. :wai:

Not a suggestion, just a hint.

I saw two Thai (language) online shops that want 100 Baht per piece.

(Panasonic)

A price comparision site says that "OfficeMate" has it for 109 Baht.

(does not mean you get it at every branch)

Where do you live?

Have you tried the usual suspect, "Amorn"?

Edited by KhunBENQ

I live in the Watcharapol area. I can accept 100 Baht per piece if they're quality cells. Do you happen to have a link?

Actually, I have not checked Amorn yet. I will definitely check it out next time I'm at Zeers which conveniently also has an OfficeMate. Thanks for the tips.

Anywhere else you guys recommend checking out? 

2 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

If you don't need them in a hurry aliexpress.com has them cheap.  So far, my experience with Aliexpress has been very good.  YMMV.

I was actually just checking out that website but no experience with them. How long are the shipping times and do they accept Paypal?

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Thanks, but I've already got rechargeable ones and a charger. Looking for primary disposable 3.0v cells.

13 minutes ago, Angry Beaver said:

I was actually just checking out that website but no experience with them. How long are the shipping times and do they accept Paypal?

Thanks, but I've already got rechargeable ones and a charger. Looking for primary disposable 3.0v cells.

So far my shipping times have ranged from 7 days to 23 days via China Post.  Don't know if they accept Paypal.

23 hours ago, Angry Beaver said:

I live in the Watcharapol area. I can accept 100 Baht per piece if they're quality cells. Do you happen to have a link?

As written those local online shops are in Thai language only.

Like this one ("Surebatt" company):

http://www.surebatt.com/store/product/view/ถ่าน_Panasonic_CR123A_แพ็ค_1_ก้อน-14264784-th.html

Just tried 5 pieces (500 Baht) for which shipment seems free.

But either you can handle Thai script or you need help.

The company is located in Bangkok (where else :tongue:).

Ram Intra rd., Khan Na Yao district.

http://www.surebatt.com/store/aboutus

Do you have someone to call them?

Such shops usually also accept orders by phone and ship after receiving payment to bank account.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

I ordered from this guy last year, and received fast. Strange enough I ordered 8 pieces then 371 Baht + 78 Baht shipping. Now the 8 pieces have the same total price as the 12 pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12Pcs-Pro-Trustfire-1400mAh-123A-SF123A-CR123A-16340-3V-Lithium-Battery-/142102930183

Thanks, but I'd rather avoid Chinese brands. I'll most likely end up getting them from that shop KhunBENQ mentioned. 

Thank you to everyone for your help!

2 hours ago, Angry Beaver said:

I'll probably just head to their shop since it's not that far away from me. However, I checked on google maps and either they don't have a sign or something because I can't seem to find it. Thanks for the info!

Either wrong info on the "about" or outdated/moved?

I found an FB page with a location tag on Ram Intra rd. opposite Soi 40.

Not too far from that Soi 44 address.

Mobile nr. is identical.

Sounds plausible.

But not found on Street View of 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/ถ่านเครื่องช่วยฟัง-เครื่องชาร์จ-ถ่านชาร์จ-ถ่านกระดุม-539613489513646/?fref=nf

Edited by KhunBENQ