Naklua Market Vendors Hold Street Protest Against New Makro Development

webfact

Naklua Market Vendors Hold Street Protest Against New Makro Development

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On 19th September 2016 merchants group from Naklua Market, Banglamung Chonburi gathered with over 50 people from Community Committee Soi Post office (Praisanee) to protest the construction of Siam Frozen Market, or Mini Makro, frozen food and seafood distributor.

Mr. Sethaphol Boonsawad Legal Board Advisor and Consultant for Pattaya City Mayor and related officers in charge set up a meeting with all merchants.

Mr. Sethaphol said that the construction can be done if the company follows all the legal process and the permit needed to be submitted according to Building Control Act.

For the extension and/or renovation in this case, no permit has been submitted so he would assumed it was only the interior and nothing would effect the main structure of the building.

However there was earlier discussion on 2nd August and agreed to delay the construction until the dispute was settled but the company moved on with the construction so the merchants started the protest again.

Pattaya City had coordinated with the company and would feedback the result within a week. A legal adviser also said that it is a free trade as long as everyone follows the rules but wanted everyone to live together in harmony.

The merchants said if the result would not satisfied them, they could start the protest again as this could damage the retail market.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231902/naklua-market-vendors-hold-street-protest-against-new-makro-development/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-20

I guess they don't want a big corp to come into their area. A little late in the big picture of corporations replacing the little guys on main street. Everything product you touch will eventually pay some part of its profit to the unknown super elite who own most of the giant corporations. They will make money from everything in your life.

Edited by Alive

12 hours ago, Alive said:

I guess they don't want a big corp to come into their area. A little late in the big picture of corporations replacing the little guys on main street. Everything product you touch will eventually pay some part of its profit to the unknown super elite who own most of the giant corporations. They will make money from everything in your life.

Well, it beats having to deal with market vendors who dont put prices on items or who systematically overcharge foreigners, or use scales that under-weigh.

Personally I do all my food shopping in Makro and BigC, and I no longer set foot in markets.

I live in Nakula and my wife uses the market often but I have been charged more they see me asking for the price. But as they now got use to me come over to them I get more Thai prices now but I don't agree with dual pricing at all but this is Thailand and they think it's ok to do that to foreigners. This has to be stopped if they wont to continue so having  new Makro at the site will help them to see that they are doing wrong as the foreigners will stay away from the market.