Was Uni student really threatened by gang on minivan? - police say there are inconsistencies

webfact

Was Uni student really threatened by gang on minivan? - police say there are inconsistencies

a2.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Police are not convinced that the story of a Kaset university student that she suffered attempted robbery at the hands of a gang of men on a minivan is true.

It was reported earlier on Wednesday that the student had posted in Facebook that a man had held a knife to her on the back seat of the van travelling from Ngam Wong Wan to Kaset, reported Sanook

She claimed online that other men in the van looked the other way when she appealed for help.

She said the driver saw her crying and stopped to find out what was wrong outside an army base. He opened the door and 6 or seven men jumped out and ran off including the man with the knife. 

It was claimed that they were all in the same gang and the driver had even seen them before.

Bang Khen police have now got involved even though the student and the driver have yet to report anything to them. Police claim that the journey started in Ram Inthra which is on the other side of the Kaset campus.

They said that this is what was stated on Facebook though this flew in the face of what was reported in the Thai press yesterday quoting the actual Facebook post.

Anmat Intrakuan of Bang Khen police said that the father of the student said the journey started in Ngam Wong Wan as previously reported.

Police claimed other inconsistences without elaborating.

Amnat said that if the matter is genuine and either the driver or the girl reports it, it will be fully investigated. But they said if it proves to be false the student who posted the story - who called herself "Muk" on her Facebook page - would face charges herself.

The latest on the story is that the Facebook post has now been deleted.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-22

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

They said that this is what was stated on Facebook though this flew in the face of what was reported in the Thai press yesterday quoting the actual Facebook post.

Wait, a detail that was stated on Facebook flew in the face of reports quoting the actual Facebook post? Am I missing something?

One thing I do favor in Thai law is that people who make false reports are charged under law.  Where I am from, in the  USA, false charges are a favored tactic of women and minorities to get attention and destroy people.  Ask 10 men who separated from their female SO, and I'll wager that 30% have had the police called on them for false claims of domestic violence.  Yet, after innocent lives are ruined, the accuser is merely dismissed with no punishment.  

I have no idea what the motive of the student would be in this story...but her story seems plausible, based on the behavior I've seen from younger Thai men and their stupid schemes.  I hope she comes forward, as the driver has no incentive to report the crime (he may not perceive there was a crime or he doesn't want attention from his employer).