Bell Travel bus from Suvarnabhumi now requires reservation

wpcoe

On more than one occasion on Bell trips there have been groups of guys from a certain Asian country who were drunk and rowdy, giving the attendant and driver a hard time.  Once the driver was so angry he stopped the bus and threatened to drop these guys by the side of the road, turning various shades of crimson as he did so.  Wouldn't be surprised if that's what lead to this. 

On the hand other it may be possible to make the reservation on a phone app (or just plain old telephone call) while you're waiting to clear immigration.  With flight delays, lines at imm., luggage collection etc it can be difficult to get to your reserved bus on time.

Or maybe Swampy upped its fees for soliciting passengers and this is Bell's way to try to dodge it.

12 hours ago, lou62 said:

Quite happy about this, you never knew in the past if you'd get a seat or not.

Now you can plan in advance and be certain.

Agree with post #3 !

Some are happy, some not.

Is it that crowded now even in deep low season?

I am not happy.

Example:

My domestic flight lands 13:05h (by plan).

Of course 14:00h should work out but ...

Looks like I will NOT do a reservation and try a walk in to Jomtien.

Or risk loosing the 2xx Baht? Have some time to think.

To me it sounds like all Chinese individual tourist have now got the news about this service :wink:

I remember a trip with more than 50% Chinese. Completely different to previous years. Not rowdys but very noisy, shouting over the rows.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up :thumbsup:

Edited by KhunBENQ

Quite amusing that when I was on Bell on trip back to Pattaya after picking my lad up from domestic travel we were told to stop talking during the journey. I was lost for words and this was like a midday departure !!

Absolutely true I'm not kidding anyone !

8 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

I guess that the Bell's sales-counter at Swampie has closed as well or did they turn it into a service counter?

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Waiting for first hand experience.

Someone went through recently?

Sales counter gone?

I took the Bell Travel bus from the airport to Hua Hin today.  They can (and do) still sell tickets to Hua Hin, just not to Pattaya any more.  The previous half of the counter that Bell Travel used (next to the Jomtien bus service) was blocked off and not manned.  The Hua Hin counter was always discrete from the Pattaya counter.

In the spirit of the fact Sterling has gone down the plughole and its a good £20 saved I have booked the 8am departure in 3 weeks time for my arrival. At that outrageous time of the day I can only assume we'll be fitted with gaffer tape over our mouths......

13 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

I took the Bell Travel bus from the airport to Hua Hin today.  They can (and do) still sell tickets to Hua Hin, just not to Pattaya any more.  The previous half of the counter that Bell Travel used (next to the Jomtien bus service) was blocked off and not manned.  The Hua Hin counter was always discrete from the Pattaya counter.

I am surprised though joking aside they are not accepting walk ins. Rest assured the status quo will no doubt return next week

ISTR that when Bell Travel began the bus service between the airport and Pattaya, there was some grey area about their legality.  They couldn't have an official kiosk or counter.  There was just a gal sitting in the chairs with a mobile sign stand saying "Bell Travel."  Not sure what changed that they were later able to share counter space with the Jomtien bus folks, but maybe it was a fragile agreement that somehow came apart?