Xbox One S

Henryford

15 hours ago, jadee said:

I haven't seen it for sale. Asia-play.com in Hong Kong sell them but I don't know what the shipping/import duties would be. Why is the Pro a dud? 

It was originally described as the Playstation 4K but it can't play 4k discs or do 4k gaming. I can't see it's any better than the original PS4.

Check out gamesradar.com, the pro can output in 4K and also enhances gameplay. They have two GIFs for comparison and it's a big difference. I think the Pro will also give better performance with the PSVR than the regular PS4. PSVR is being released in October as far as I know and will certainly offer a more affordable route into VR than alternatives like the HTC Vive. I know many people are sore about the lack of 4K drive on the Pro but the price point would be way higher. Sony always give gamers the best value at an affordable price. 

The Xbox One S is for sale on EBay UK, brand new with delivery to LOS.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-S-500GB-New-Sealed-Next-Day-Delivery-/272395901867?hash=item3f6c0f9bab:g:DjcAAOSwLnBX6kW0

Price -11,100 baht including delivery, if you use PayPal. ( 224 UK pounds + 12 delivery - PayPal charges you an inflated exchange rate ).

It's the 500GB model which doesn't matter with the Xbox One because it's easy to connect an external HD.

I normally have EBay items delivered to a UK address and then have friends bring them over for me.

Haven't seen the Xbox One S  for sale in TucCom  Pattaya. I'd at a guess expect it to be more than 11,100 baht.

I would just buy a "normal 1TB Xbox One" and wait until next year and see what Microsoft's Project Scorpio for the Xbox One offers.

18 hours ago, ferguston said:

The Xbox One S is for sale on EBay UK, brand new with delivery to LOS.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-S-500GB-New-Sealed-Next-Day-Delivery-/272395901867?hash=item3f6c0f9bab:g:DjcAAOSwLnBX6kW0

Price -11,100 baht including delivery, if you use PayPal. ( 224 UK pounds + 12 delivery - PayPal charges you an inflated exchange rate ).

It's the 500GB model which doesn't matter with the Xbox One because it's easy to connect an external HD.

I normally have EBay items delivered to a UK address and then have friends bring them over for me.

Haven't seen the Xbox One S  for sale in TucCom  Pattaya. I'd at a guess expect it to be more than 11,100 baht.

I would just buy a "normal 1TB Xbox One" and wait until next year and see what Microsoft's Project Scorpio for the Xbox One offers.

Thanks for that but i wouldn't buy from overseas because you never know what Thai customs might add to the price. They might add 50%+ !! I have now seen it for sale on Lazada for 16,600 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found the Xbox One S system i want advertised on Lazada, from a Thai company. The box is shown however as (US) which i presume means it is an American product. Before i order how can i be sure it will work here in Thailand which of course uses a different electrical system 220 V and the PAL tv system. I know Xbox games will work anywhere but will the console?

19 hours ago, jadee said:

US console will require an expensive transformer to step down the voltage. 

Actually that's not the case. After a bit of checking it seems the consoles provide for 100-240 v so work in Thailand OK. Just got mine, a great system especially with the Battlefield 1 game.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Actually that's not the case. After a bit of checking it seems the consoles provide for 100-240 v so work in Thailand OK. Just got mine, a great system especially with the Battlefield 1 game.

That's cool, I didn't know that, sorry for the misinformation

Archived