NonImm O Extension Requirements - Pinned Topic?

Hi,

Apologies, but I am having problems finding the info I need and would appreciate if someone can point me in right direction?

I am coming up to requiring my Non Imm O visa extension and I have choice (I think) of extending again based on marriage or retirement at Bangkok Immigration. I wonder if there is a pinned post or link to current requirements for each posted? I have last years of course but always on look out for changes and was also thinking on switching from marriage to retirement option to save dragging wife and kids along wasting their day as well?

As an aside when I looking at the Bangkok Imm web site and click on required documents link, nothing pops up either when I click on retirement or spouse options?!

Any help appreciated thanks.

VisaExtRequirements.JPG

You need to be using internet explorer or have an extension on your browser to emulate it to open that page ( I use IE Tab on Chrome to open it).

Here is a general list of the requirements for marriage.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Retirement from the website.

In the case of retirement:

Criteria for Consideration

The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.
(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.

(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.

Documents to be submitted

1. Application form
2. Copy of applicant’s passport
3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook
5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4
stated above.

Thank you so much ubonjoe  I tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Opera but never tried Internet Explorer on my Win10 and like you said it works on the Bangkok Imm web site!

Looking at the document requirements I have money in the bank for either marriage or retirement extension and paperwork seems a lot less for retirement, don't even need proof of address - is this true? I do have a yellow house book nevertheless.

I also heard can be done on same day without need for 30 day consideration wait? Is there any benefit to do marriage extension in this case otherwise when I have no plan to work in Thailand for at least one year? Seems like a lot of extra hassle to drag wife and kids along so if I change to retirement from my existing marriage can wife and kids skip following me to immigration?

10 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thank you so much ubonjoe  I tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Opera but never tried Internet Explorer on my Win10 and like you said it works on the Bangkok Imm web site!

Looking at the document requirements I have money in the bank for either marriage or retirement extension and paperwork seems a lot less for retirement, don't even need proof of address - is this true? I do have a yellow house book nevertheless.

I also heard can be done on same day without need for 30 day consideration wait? Is there any benefit to do marriage extension in this case otherwise when I have no plan to work in Thailand for at least one year? Seems like a lot of extra hassle to drag wife and kids along so if I change to retirement from my existing marriage can wife and kids skip following me to immigration?

You will still need to show proof of residence for an extension based upon retirement. How strict they are on the proof will depend upon the office where you apply. If you have a yellow house book for where your are living it will be accepted.

At most offices there is no 30 day wait for an extension based upon retirement.

The advantage of doing it based upon marriage is the that the extra 400k baht in the bank needed for retirement can be in a higher return investment than a basic savings account. Also the 40k baht needed for proof of income might mean that you don't need the money to be in the bank.

The money in the bank for only 2 months for every extension could also be considered an advantage.

• Like 1