Can you get a trailer for a moped, rather than getting a sidecar?

Mover1

if you want a safer trailer/bike combo, then also get yourself started with a Can Am Spyder.

I had an old airforce mate - who made a trike, out of a Bug, cut in half:

• the rear half for the driven rear half, although the shell art was dumped;
  •   and the front half, fashioned into a very well-streamlined trailer (like a mini-caravan)

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Mover1 said:

I like his Website though, will have a look for similar in Phuket, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Mover1 said:

Hey thanks for the reply Don, I would email George but I'm in Phuket so won't be able to get anything from Pattaya.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I'm sure he can still deliver to you.

On 10/2/2016 at 3:14 PM, tifino said:

if you want a safer trailer/bike combo, then also get yourself started with a Can Am Spyder.

I had an old airforce mate - who made a trike, out of a Bug, cut in half:

• the rear half for the driven rear half, although the shell art was dumped;
  •   and the front half, fashioned into a very well-streamlined trailer (like a mini-caravan)

Op is asking about a trailer for his scooter so you suggest he got an spend a million baht on a trike !!!!

On October 3, 2016 at 8:38 AM, malt25 said:

Maybe something like this ?   Image result for motorbike trailers thailand

COOL, that must be home made as it looks much too high quality to be store bought. That big tire would make for a bit smoother ride I would guess. Thais could put two or three families on that baby.

33 minutes ago, Grubster said:

COOL, that must be home made as it looks much too high quality to be store bought. That big tire would make for a bit smoother ride I would guess. Thais could put two or three families on that baby.

metal shops are pretty good here. if you took that pic to a good shop they could make it up. i got a custom side car with a sign on it from my local metal shop and it was pretty good. probably better off sticking to a side car if you dont want to be hassled by cops.

17 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

metal shops are pretty good here. if you took that pic to a good shop they could make it up. i got a custom side car with a sign on it from my local metal shop and it was pretty good. probably better off sticking to a side car if you dont want to be hassled by cops.

It is amazing the nice work they can do for cheap, My friend had a golf club rack made for his Harley and it is stunning. 

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

they can do galvanized or  stainless  for a great price. 

Stainless steel is also very cheap here as opposed to the US.  I am guessing this is due to lack of chemical regulations the US has, very expensive there for any toxic process. This is fairly high grade non magnetic stainless too. Nicely polished to look like chrome.

What's a moped? I assume some sort of scooter. Do you mean something like a Honda Wave?

I have seen some with what looks like homemade trailers, but officially I am not sure.

But there are trailers specially made for motorbikes in America, like small caravans, you

can google them, but how often do you see trailers being towed by cars or trucks like a

Toyota Hilux here in Thailand? So why should they build trailers for motorbikes?

Edited by possum1931
To prevent going off topic.

4 hours ago, scorpio1945 said:

Right! Moped =motorized petal (bike). I also have wondered why scooters are sometimes called mopeds.

In the UK it refers to a motorcycle of less than 50cc. Originally by law they had to be equipped with pedals, but this got dropped many years ago. The current ones there look very similar to the scooters in Thailand. The only reason they are popular in the UK is you can ride them at 16. where as a bigger bike or car is 17

6 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Again, it would depend on the tea money situation.

18 minutes ago, PeeJay1959 said:

In the UK it refers to a motorcycle of less than 50cc. Originally by law they had to be equipped with pedals, but this got dropped many years ago. The current ones there look very similar to the scooters in Thailand. The only reason they are popular in the UK is you can ride them at 16. where as a bigger bike or car is 17

Added that some places in the USA didn't require an MC license if the scooter didn't require shifting.  That's left over from before you could get a monster bike with an auto transmission.  We referred to the scooters as Mopeds if you didn't need a MC license to ride them.  I suspect that's all gone by the wayside with the growth in the nanny rules and 1500cc bikes you don't have to shift.  (I'm not sure they make the V8 monsters with auto trans, but they will if they don't already)

11 hours ago, LennyW said:

This style is common, usually a passenger sitting on the handle 555!

Image result for thai pulling trailer with motorbike

Besides the refrigerator I moved everything in one of those.

BTW, you should use a bag or a cloth, and not sitting straight on the bar. If you hit an obstacle it just slip away under you arse. It's a bit too close to the scooter for my liking.