Labor Ministry to raise labor standards in Thailand

webfact

Ministry of Labor to raise labor standards in Thailand

BANGKOK, 3 September 2016 (NNT) - The Ministry of Labor is planning a major overhaul in Thailand’s labor industry in an effort to raise the standards of Thai workers before entering the 4.0 era. 

Department of Skill Development Director-General Theerapol Khunmuang revealed that Labor Minister Gen Sirichai Distakul wanted all skilled workers to undergo skill tests to ensure that their abilities are up to professional standards. 

Gen Sirichai also came up with an idea to award workers with three different level stars based on their abilities and experiences. The first-level star would be given to those having basic work related skills. Workers, who have a fair amount of knowledge about machinery and are reliable for advice, would be awarded the second-level star. 

Those with a high level of expertise and great analytical skills would be given the third-level star. The objective of three star levels is to increase employers’ confidence and a chance for awarded workers to seek employment domestically and overseas. Daily wages will be increased for more professions within next year, in addition to 55 others whose wages have already been adjusted.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-10-03

"...Gen Sirichai also came up with an idea ..."

Oh, please spare us - the headline should have read "Yet another general with an idea".

Soon, Thai workers "...with a high level of expertise and great analytical skills..." will have as many starts at the good general!

stars.JPG

A "high level of expertise and great analytical skills" requires a good education system, which for 99% of the population is not available now or even in the foreseeable future.  Sometimes the BS is so overwhelmingly absurd that I can't even laugh anymore ?

33 minutes ago, eliotness said:

A "high level of expertise and great analytical skills" requires a good education system, which for 99% of the population is not available now or even in the foreseeable future.  Sometimes the BS is so overwhelmingly absurd that I can't even laugh anymore ?

Thai's people can be smart. The problem is they are not taught to think for themselves.

They follow like sheep.

8 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

It must have been the general's turn on the ' Come Up With A Fanciful Idea ' roster.

I'm picturing there'd be a "Wheel of Fortune" contraption with current "not-yet--transferred-due-to-incompetence" personnel in each segment and the PM takes a spin every couple of hours whilst preparing his weekly speeches.

Edited by HoboKay

5 hours ago, waldroj said:

"...Gen Sirichai also came up with an idea ..."

Oh, please spare us - the headline should have read "Yet another general with an idea".

Soon, Thai workers "...with a high level of expertise and great analytical skills..." will have as many starts at the good general!

stars.JPG

Is this so called upgrading to help workers or help employers who feel that they are paying to much for the skills received. Must be like the system we had in kindergarden. We were also receiving stars for being good little students. So good little workers roll up your sleeve we want to give you stars as a permanent badge of your skills.  

The future of Thai kids is in these people hands.......and as always, there's nothing constructive except absolute BS rhetoric......!

It's not really the policy makers fault....because they know no different. Grade 12 education (developed nation standards), no fail degrees.....absolutely zero exposure to the outside community and the Thailand finishes up with the beaurocracy that we now see.....totally frightening!

First give them good tools, no chinese crap but brands like Stanley are good enough. Then make those tools affordable for them and give the best engineers German or Japanese quality tools without importtax. Brands like Pumpkin are rubbish, nobody can work with that.

Also teach them how to work with tools and to take care of it. Tools are ridiculous expensive in Thailand and the vendors don't know anything of it. Also they only have the old models for sale.

I doubt there are good technical schools in Thailand, everything is done by cutting off corners. Nobody dares to tell them when it's done unprofessional, a good teacher dares that and will show them how it's done.

I wanted to buy a nice toolcart today, 25.000 baht for a made in Thailand one....are you kidding me?? I can buy Gedore or Hazet or Facom for that price which is the best of the best. I'm talking about an empty cart FYI.

Edited by fruitman

The Thai people are a sharp and interested as any people in the world, it is just that 70 years of being taught to be sheep and with Parents who are sheep will take another 2 generations to overcome. Psychologically, the Thais are now where we were in the early 1940's

12 hours ago, kevin2852 said:

The Thai people are a sharp and interested as any people in the world, it is just that 70 years of being taught to be sheep and with Parents who are sheep will take another 2 generations to overcome. Psychologically, the Thais are now where we were in the early 1940's

A knife needs honing to stay sharp.