Conversion to Non Immigrant 'O' visa by reason of retirement (and subsequent extension)

Hello all, an acquaintance of mine has hired an agent to sort the above out for him. He resides in a Guesthouse in Chiang Mai.

His problem concerns a document asked of him by the agent, specifically, a copy of a lease agreement for his accommodation. He has no such agreement, residing, as he does, in a Guesthouse.

Does anyone have recent experience of obtaining the conversion or extension in Chiang Mai, where the residence is a Guesthouse (and essentially only pay by the day or week) or is this chap going to need to sort out more permanent accommodation in order to make a sucessful application?

Thank you

• Like 1

If the guest house is registered with immigration to report guests then their reporting may be accepted.

If he could get some type of agreement or document stating he will be staying on a long term basis at the guest house that should be acceptable.

Immigration want proof that he is not staying in Chiang Mai to only to do the conversion and plans on going to another office for the extension.

• 7 months later...

I went to CW  only to be told  on my first application form when I filled in  my hotel address as residency that this is not valid or any visa  application esp.  Non o, non a et al.

I then  got another form  filled in  the  apartment address of my daughter  and upon returning to the lady issuing q numbers and  make prechecks that the address of my daughter is in Pattumthani  city and not Bangkok so they send me away as my daughter never has and never will get  a  residency  ( Tambian baan ) as all he occupants of that particular  apartment block has  only temporary students  residing.

So I was standing on the strret  again  pondering what next I could do.
I have  a Tambian baan  from my  last ( maritual adobe) but the old lady and the kids  have since moved out and  live somewhere else.

My  Non Immigrant visa O is  still valid until 5th of July,m very little time  to do avery much.

In The process of obtaining the non O in Vientienne and having to return with the  police report ( Forensic) and that twice  my passport has  all pages  fully stamped  and I have  applied for a new  one  which should be  ready in 2  weeks.
The letter fof income validity lapsed today and I will send  for the heckof it another letter to the  consulate in cChiang Mai  asking for  another  letter of income, that will take the time   2 to 3 weeks  even  sendt to me by EMS

11 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

How can I  use  my still valid non O  visa   expires  July 5 for any type of  visa, extension or conversion  any  advise from a fellow  member of TV

Not sure how you are keeping track of all the posts you have done about this in various topics.

You have plenty of time to apply for an extension based upon retirement. There is no conversion needed. You do not have to have a non-o visa issued for retirement to apply.

You can apply in Bangkok if you have proof of residence of some kind for there.

If you daughter is living in Pathum Thani you can apply for the extension there. If she is renting a residence there she could write a note that you are living with her and attach a copy of rental agreement to it with her ID card attached.

• Like 1