THAI OPINION: The man who’s bought more wreaths than most on Earth

webfact

STOPPAGE TIME

The man who’s bought more wreaths than most on Earth

Tulsathit Taptim
The Nation 

BANGKOK: -- Ever since he was a teenager, Kla (not his real name) has loved to brag. I always believed whatever he said because he didn’t brag about the sort of things that you and I would brag about. He established his credibility by frequently revealing personal actions that few would be proud of, and never pretending to be a saint.

Which is why I believed him when he revealed fresh information about himself during our recent meeting, the first in three decades. It concerned his transition from local to national politics after being approached by a big party.

We met because a mutual friend had just passed away. When the conversation veered toward funeral expenses, Kla boasted he bought more wreaths in a week than most people did in a lifetime.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/The-man-whos-bought-more-wreaths-than-most-on-Eart-30296878.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-05

2 hours ago, seabear said:

Finally something interesting and well written.

(Not being interested in traffic accidents, people falling off balconies, and such.)

Yes true and you were the only respondent. To mundane a topic not enough sensationalism for this hyped up world. 

The politicians could always agree between themselves to stop the practice, but it's not likely that they trust each other enough.  No honour among thieves, and all that. Education of the voters is always proposed as the way to go, but just how much education do you need to see that preferring one politician over another based on how much money they spend on getting elected is not a smart way of choosing who to vote for?