How to view/print multi page Faxes

astral

I use a fax service that passes my faxes to me in an e-mail.

The file format is .tif.

What is the best way to view these, bearing in mind that they are often multipage documents.

At the moment I am using the MS fax viewer, but this does not make it immediately clear how many pages are in a document.

Are there any better alternatives out there??

Thanks

Open the TIF in Open Office and from your file menu choose "Export as PDF" and save.

You can then store your faxes as pdf files, a reliable and consistant format to print from. :o

Nice one.

I will try that.

Thanks

Nope. Still the same, comes up in Draw with a blank page.

I tried inserting the .tif dcoument into a blank page under the writer side and it only shows me the first page,

I need to be able to see and manipulate all 10 pages, or whatever........

The .tif File should open in almost any Graphics viewing program - ACDC or Photoshop etc..

When it's open in that Application, "print" to Adobe Acrobat and save as a .pdf File.

You may need to save each page separately at first but afterwards in Adobe Acrobat you can open the first page of the Multi-page Fax and then go to "Insert Page" and just add on the subsequent pages until you have the whole Fax as one .pdf File - save to a new name and delete the individual pages.

Patrick

The .tif File should open in almost any Graphics viewing program - ACDC or Photoshop etc..

When it's open in that Application, "print" to Adobe Acrobat and save as a .pdf File.

You may need to save each page separately at first but afterwards in Adobe Acrobat you can open the first page of the Multi-page Fax and then go to "Insert Page" and just add on the subsequent pages until you have the whole Fax as one .pdf File - save to a new name and delete the individual pages.

Patrick

I am sorry, but NONE of the graphics viewers that you and others have mentioned,

will handle a multipage .tif document correctly. They all get the first page, and ignore the rest.

George's suggestion is the best so far, as it does show all the pages,

BUT it keeps pestering me for a fax number, which I do not have as I do not subscribe to that service.