Thailand extends cash help for babies born in poverty amid IQ fears

webfact

10 hours ago, halloween said:

Work it out for yourself. If there were a milion recipients, they could have a B20 increase for ONE month, or B2/m for 10 months. In other words very little, just BS to make apolitical point, ignoring that B400 is considerably more than the SFA they received under the benevolent Shinawatras.

Why don't you ask how much social security could be provided by the B600 billion wasted on the rice scam?

What have those last two points you're trying to make have anything to do with the paltry amount being offered to destitute families trying to bring up children on a pittance?

11 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

Will someone please post the link to sign up ?

I know someone this would help,  she has a young baby and the father did a runner :(

That is one of the problems , the fathers do not have to pay anything , and leave the mothers with the baby , 

hopefully the Thai extended family helps,  but family is dirt poor too , 

400 baht is not much when you see how much Pampers and milk costs ,  but its something , 

are there any any other things the government helps young mothers with ?

Nobody NEEDS Pampers and very few NEED baby milk.

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Talk of sex education and why the poor breed too much.

We aint gonna stop breeding.

How about talk of the bewildering inequality in this country and the world in general.

When you come home to a flooded kitchen because the sink faucet has been left opened, you first need to turn off the tap before taking care of the flood.

Or would you leave the tap opened, and try scooping away the water?

Edited by trogers

it is easy for us to say what poor people do not need , 

but none of use want to change our lives for theirs . 

I  want kids to be the future and make things better , that is anywhere in the world , 

Giving them better food is a good first step, yes there are many more steps to go ,

400 baht is better than nothing ,  but that needs to be each week , not per month, 

14 hours ago, Eligius said:

Four hundred baht 'aid' per month is a pathetic and paltry sum to pay a parent who is earning no more than 3,000 baht a month. Three thousand baht per month?! That's totally unlivable (in any decent definition of 'livable'). And the scum who ride roughshod over the poor think nothing of spending thousands and thousands of baht on one meal in a restaurant. Then they (or their evil system) salve their non-existent consciences by boasting about giving a measly 400 baht a month to the desperately poor? It's disgusting and hypocritical beyond all words.

And then all the nonsense about low IQ. The main reason that IQs are low here is not because of dietary deficiencies (although that may be part of it) - but chiefly because they are deliberately kept low, so that the scum at the top can easily continue to dupe, deceive, exploit and expropriate the poor and the powerless without them fully becoming cognizant of the crimes that are daily being perpetrated against them. 

The whole system is depraved and corrupt and unconscionable to the very core.

20 years or so back, I remember Chalerm, ex police whose son got away with murdering a policeman, in government at the time the country was really struggling. proudly announcing he would never wear a shirt if it cost less than B7,000 :vampire:.

6 hours ago, halloween said:

Do you know anyone that earns B3000/m?

I think the last time I commented on your post Halloween it got deleted.

But once again you need to leave the comfortable surroundings you live in now and go travel around Thailand a bit. Visit some Thai villages where they don't have running water and people live in houses constructed out of a wooden frame with corrugated iron sheets nailed to it. The houses don't even have windows, just a few slits to allow the heat to dissipate at night. Families who live in these shacks earn a hell of a lot less than 3,000 Baht a month. They work tiny plots of land to grow rice for themselves and keep chickens to produce eggs. When the chicken gets too old to produce anymore eggs it ends up on the dinner plate. Many villagers don't have enough money to buy bottled water even and have to rely of catching whatever cascades of the roof into urns which have been strategically placed to catch it when it rains. They don't boil it either which often leads to dysentry and various other stomach ailments.

Water for washing comes from a large tank which serves the village and it quickly becomes contaminated with algae which flows out of the pipe in large green blobs when you turn the tap on. Neither do they have a sewage system and instead a large tank located below ground collects the daily faeces from the family. The tank is emptied once a week by a tanker which siphons off whatever's in it.

The parts of Thailand where you'll find village life with houses like you see in the image is relatively easy to find. Just take provincial bus number 9916 to Sakaeo and then go north from there. It's only a 3½ hour bus journey and I'm sure it'll serve to open your eyes a bit.

70.jpg

9 hours ago, halloween said:

many do not have paid work everyday , so 3000 baht a month may be all the make , 

opposite is true ,  if a repairman charges you $50 to fix something and it takes him 15 minutes , you think he is getting rich , because you think $200 an hour....but he may only get a couple  jobs a day.....

you can always play with numbers :)

17 hours ago, halloween said:

Xircal answered rather well I think.

10 hours ago, Xircal said:

But once again you need to leave the comfortable surroundings you live in now and go travel around Thailand a bit. Visit some Thai villages where they don't have running water and people live in houses constructed out of a wooden frame with corrugated iron sheets nailed to it. The houses don't even have windows, just a few slits to allow the heat to dissipate at night. Families who live in these shacks earn a hell of a lot less than 3,000 Baht a month. They work tiny plots of land to grow rice for themselves and keep chickens to produce eggs. When the chicken gets too old to produce anymore eggs it ends up on the dinner plate. Many villagers don't have enough money to buy bottled water even and have to rely of catching whatever cascades of the roof into urns which have been strategically placed to catch it when it rains. They don't boil it either which often leads to dysentry and various other stomach ailments.

Water for washing comes from a large tank which serves the village and it quickly becomes contaminated with algae which flows out of the pipe in large green blobs when you turn the tap on. Neither do they have a sewage system and instead a large tank located below ground collects the daily faeces from the family. The tank is emptied once a week by a tanker which siphons off whatever's in it.

The parts of Thailand where you'll find village life with houses like you see in the image is relatively easy to find. Just take provincial bus number 9916 to Sakaeo and then go north from there. It's only a 3½ hour bus journey and I'm sure it'll serve to open your eyes a bit.

70.jpg

10 hours ago, Xircal said:

70.jpg

Great post.

On 12/10/2016 at 3:31 AM, Xircal said:

70.jpg

Pardon me for living here for 16 years and travelling over most of the country by motorcycle. Now tell me that subsistence farmers won't appreciate a B400/m child allowance.

BTW the reason your post was deleted was that it was both aggressive and offensive. not even worth reporting, the moderators had already dropped one of your posts, or was it 2?

Edited by halloween

47 minutes ago, halloween said:

Pardon me for living here for 16 years and travelling over most of the country by motorcycle. Now tell me that subsistence farmers won't appreciate a B400/m child allowance.

BTW the reason your post was deleted was that it was both aggressive and offensive. not even worth reporting, the moderators had already dropped one of your posts, or was it 2?

I'm quite aware of why the post was deleted, but I thought it appropriate in the circumstances.