Who Sells The Best Turkey?

ThaiPauly

Well it would appear that I have been nominated to cook Xmas dinner at home by my family and freinds...this is something that although I am looking forward to it ..makes me a little nervous.

Can I find all the ingredients I need in CM?

Most of all where can I get a GOOD BIRD!!??, and does anyone have a clue as to what weight I will need to feed 13 people?

Thanks in advance

TP

Well it would appear that I have been nominated to cook Xmas dinner at home by my family and freinds...this is something that although I am looking forward to it ..makes me a little nervous.

Most of all where can I get a GOOD BIRD!!??, and does anyone have a clue as to what weight I will need to feed 13 people?

Thanks in advance

TP

Hi TP,

We just bought two nice Butterball Turkey's for our Christmas Party yesterday, at Rimping (close to the Dukes). They had quite a few left. I have had always good sucess with Butterball Turkeys. They are a little more expensive, but come out nice and tender if you cook them right. They also sell big trays to cook them in. Macro also had a different brand and quite a bit cheaper. Both places had lots left yesterday, but we didn't want to take the chance and wait another week.

I would say the same, about one pound per person. That's fine, if you make stuffing and all the other nice Christmas stuff :o

Thanks in advance

TP

Hi TP,

We just bought two nice Butterball Turkey's for our Christmas Party yesterday, at Rimping (close to the Dukes). They had quite a few left. I have had always good sucess with Butterball Turkeys. They are a little more expensive, but come out nice and tender if you cook them right. They also sell big trays to cook them in. Macro also had a different brand and quite a bit cheaper. Both places had lots left yesterday, but we didn't want to take the chance and wait another week.

I would say the same, about one pound per person. That's fine, if you make stuffing and all the other nice Christmas stuff :o

WOW!

Christmas dinner soon! :D:D:D

I would figure at least 1 kilo per person... Rimping and Northern Farm Products seem to carry the best... Why not get someone to bake it for you? A lot less hassle. :D

13 kilo "that's a biiig bird" :o

Yep, plenty of leftover sandwiches :D

I order from Audrey Dootson at Pie Sabai every year. She cooks the turkey for me, stuffs it, provides glazed ham, gravy, veg, minced pies, brandy butter, cranberry sauce, roast potatos...basically the works, for an amazingly good price. She used to deliver, but with Jeremy gone, she will probably ask you to pick it up, but try asking any way.