Hua Hin hotels raise awareness at ‘helmet extravaganza’

webfact

Hua Hin hotels raise awareness at ‘helmet extravaganza’
SUCHAT SRITAMA
THE NATION 

30297439-01_big.jpg?1476653637304

General managers of leading hotels and resorts in Hua Hin join the Helmet Extravaganza CSR event.

HUA HIN: -- FOURTEEN LEADING hotels and resorts in Hua Hin jointly held an event to raise awareness about motorcycle safety among Thai schoolchildren.

"It is a worrying fact of life in Thailand - and in many Asian countries - that many children do not wear helmets when travelling on motorcycles with their parents," Goetz Bauer, general manager of the Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa explained.

Figures showed that less than 7 per cent of Thai children wear helmets when riding on motorbikes with their parents. This means that every day more than 93 per cent of Thai children across the country are risking their lives while travelling to and from school.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Hua-Hin-hotels-raise-awareness-at-helmet-extravaga-30297439.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-17

It's about time the problem
of Motorcycles without lights was addressed by the
Police.
Every night whilst driving
home past Market Village
and Bluport I pass or am passed by at least 15 Motorcycles that do not have taillights and in some
cases no Headlights.
This is incredibly dangerous especially in the
dark and when it is raining.
Something needs to be done about this,but I know
it never will, I also know with dismay, that writing
this is a complete waste
of time...It's a great pity that the organisers of this
Helmet event didn't even
consider making awareness
of having functioning lights
a Safety factor.
But hey, this Thailand.

A former neighbor of mine told me he disconnected the lights because they run the battery down - when I explained in rudimentary Thai that the Moto has an alternator that recharges the battery when you ride it - he shook his head and said loudly "Maybe Farang Moto, not Thailand Moto"  -  ironically he ran into a klong a month later at night, got gangrene in his leg and had to have it amputated.  This is a University educated Thai we're talking about.:sick:

Why not take the kids to a morgue, show them 2-3 bodies that had motorcycle head injuries and tell them "This will be you or your parents if you don't wear helmets!"

I'll be the kids won't get on another bike until they get a helmet - and one for the parents!

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 9:00 AM, TunnelRat69 said:

A former neighbor of mine told me he disconnected the lights because they run the battery down - when I explained in rudimentary Thai that the Moto has an alternator that recharges the battery when you ride it - he shook his head and said loudly "Maybe Farang Moto, not Thailand Moto"  -  ironically he ran into a klong a month later at night, got gangrene in his leg and had to have it amputated.  This is a University educated Thai we're talking about.:sick:

Yeah many uni thais are a funny breed. The ones i know have the same level of intellect as the average 17 year old at home. 

1 minute ago, Gainsbourg said:

Yeah many uni thais are a funny breed. The ones i know have the same level of intellect as the average 17 year old at home. 

What an ignorant,nasty comment. 

No wonder some Thai people believe the "Farang" to be a very strange breed.

Archived