Officer responsible for brutal beating of a conscript was stripped of his officer’s rank

webfact

3 hours ago, sandemara said:

What an OT reaction from the army. The best trainers know you have to blood greyhounds if you want them to win races. You need to be confident the troops will do their best when the necessity arises.

The troops do their best alright.  It's often against their very own people. 

18 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

You kidding? Again??

7 hrs beatings + wooden club = intent - period.

Strip of rank as sole 'punishment' = what a funkin' farce = TIT

As long as citizens go along with it there's not much to be done & they have it coming every old day and way ... 

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case..  but if the officer said kill the guy its murder.. if he said teach him a lesson and the other soldiers took it to far its not. 

I do feel that just taking his rank is far to lenient but its already better than nothing. Nothing has been done so far .. now he lost his rank and that is quite bad for a guy like that. (loses a lot of money that he could have made). See it like police going to inactive duty.. its quite bad for them too no more  corruption money. 

I don't think its enough but I also don't think its no punishment at all, (if the does not get his rank back at fast pace). I do think its not enough but its a start and better than all the times people in power get away with this in this country. 

7 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And jail for feeding a fish!

Oh, how little is life valued?  :sad:

OR Kicking a dog......................

But the THAI ARMY can do this????????????    (And they are running th country now)

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case..  but if the officer said kill the guy its murder.. if he said teach him a lesson and the other soldiers took it to far its not. 

I do feel that just taking his rank is far to lenient but its already better than nothing. Nothing has been done so far .. now he lost his rank and that is quite bad for a guy like that. (loses a lot of money that he could have made). See it like police going to inactive duty.. its quite bad for them too no more  corruption money. 

I don't think its enough but I also don't think its no punishment at all, (if the does not get his rank back at fast pace). I do think its not enough but its a start and better than all the times people in power get away with this in this country. 

... mhmm, whatever.

The bloke didn't have any male relatives obviously, if he was one of mine i'd strip that surplus puker of much more than his rank which you can take to the bank which even rhymes.

Anyone surprised about rampaging vigilantes around? Well, not me.

2 reasons: massive lack of prosecution / ridiculous law 'enforcement' ... and then of course there's born and raised idiocy (inbreeding?) as - once again - seen in most recent 'cases' ... 

1 hour ago, jollyhangmon said:

... mhmm, whatever.

The bloke didn't have any male relatives obviously, if he was one of mine i'd strip that surplus puker of much more than his rank which you can take to the bank which even rhymes.

Anyone surprised about rampaging vigilantes around? Well, not me.

2 reasons: massive lack of prosecution / ridiculous law 'enforcement' ... and then of course there's born and raised idiocy (inbreeding?) as - once again - seen in most recent 'cases' ... 

Its quite easy to say that from behind a keyboard.. doing it is a totally different thing and not many of us would really do that. I doubt your one of the few that would really do it. 

19 hours ago, leeneeds said:

2 years goal for beer bar,

loss of rank for killing a human

somethings out of kilter here !

money vs life in Thailand 

Money always wins.

Errr- being cashiered (which is quite serious in itself) is only part of the process. Now he is no longer in the military a lot of protection will slip away when/if he faces criminal charges. Normal thaigeezer knee-jerk reactions though.

This guy has been stripped of his rank. I didn't read anywhere it was he has lost money because of it. Knowing how Thailand operates he has probably been assured he will be given his rank back after a 'not very long time' and will be taking no monetary loss what-so-ever.

10 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Errr- being cashiered (which is quite serious in itself) is only part of the process. Now he is no longer in the military a lot of protection will slip away when/if he faces criminal charges. Normal thaigeezer knee-jerk reactions though.

Cashiered, guess you need to re-read the story, loss of rack is not cashiered.

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Its quite easy to say that from behind a keyboard.. doing it is a totally different thing and not many of us would really do that. I doubt your one of the few that would really do it. 

... and that's because you know me so well, yeah right 'cause i'm the k-warrior with 15k odd questionable posts, i can see how you got there ...

Actually more than a few 'do it' in this country, i read about it everyday - Salute the Japanese fellow btw., he'll have had his reasons, no surprise again - which only supports what i said: > massive lack of prosecution / ridiculous law 'enforcement' etc. <

A fact not even you can apologize away ... but keep up the good work, selective perception, it's funny.