Face to face one last time: Debate night for Clinton, Trump

webfact

59 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Who knows how many state secrets he revealed to Putin during those times he met him that he lied about during the debate?

I do. NONE. He did not know any.

He did not actually meet him anyway. They were both interviewed by the same show, the interviews happened to be broadcast on the same night. They did not speak.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bob9 said:

Hillary's supporters are just the same as Hilary.  Despite the best efforts of all the hillbots, this is the real Briebart poll.  And I could post a whole lot more - Trump clearly won debates 2 and 3. And who will ever forget "you would be in jail".

Poll.png

he will lose the only poll that counts, get used to it!

It's beginning to look now that Trump will be a double-digit loser of a great number of individual states. That is, lose a state by double-digits. Trump is on course to lose a record number of states by more than 9 points.

While GW Bush for instance won Texas in 2004 by 21 points over John Kerry, Trump is behind by 10 points or more in a record number of states. Trump is in the double-digit tank in more than a dozen of the most populous states with the largest number of Electoral College Votes. 

It indicates a chasm in the popular vote each candidate will get. The Electoral College Vote will naturally follow immediately behind it. (It's the consensus that if HRC wins overall by 8% or more, chances improve strongly the House can flip to D majority control.)

It is safe to also say that between November 1st and 7th Trump's bottom will fall out, which would mean red states teetering blue will vote blue, such as Arizona. The 3rd party guy in solid red Utah may well win the state's 5 ECVs, however, the significance is that the Republican candidate Trump will be denied the ECVs of a solid red state. 

Trump can't win for losing.

12 hours ago, Chicog said:

Bookies don't give away money.

Indeed.

In fact I don't post the oddsmakers lines this close to the election because they begin to pad the odds to entice clients to go with the guy who's losing. Bring in more volume turnover of cash.

This time in the campaign the oddsmakes fatten up the odds a bit to shift the green more to, in this election, the underdog which as we well know is Trump.

In Vegas Trump has 22% odds to win, whereas Nate Silver and NYT, in its stats labs, give President Hillary Clinton 87% and 92% ratings to win, respectively.

In fact Trump's Vegas odds have moved to 7-2 (22%) now from 17-4 a month ago. (Shifting and increasing the volume of the green.) 

HRC in Vegas has odds of 1-6 or 85.7% to win, which equals Nate Silver's reckonings but is considerably away from that of the NYT. (HRC also surpasses OB's Vegas line in 2012 of 1-5 which is 83.7% probability of his being reelected.)

Odds up to and immediately after the nominating conventions are excellent reference points. At this point in a Potus campaign they do tell the fundamental story but they start to get colored a bit by the pressures of the green on those who make the odds.

HRC remains the heavily odds-on favorite in Vegas, London, Dublin.

As noted above, there's this also...

Hillary Clinton Already Won The 2016 Election?

Irish Bookie Claims Democrat Nominee's Win Over Donald Trump Is Sealed, Pays Out Bettors

There are about 21 days left until Election Day, but one bookie has already said the race is over. Irish bookmaker Paddy Power said Tuesday it has paid out more than $1,000,000 to bettors who wagered on a victory for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The polls are showing Clinton up by a pretty wide margin and Paddy Power has apparently seen enough. Before paying out, the bookie pegged the former secretary of state's odds at 2/11 or an 85.7 percent shot at winning. The bookie had Trump at 100/1 at the beginning of his campaign. At the time they paid out he was at 9/2, or an 18.2 percent shot at winning. 

"Trump gave it a hell of a shot going from a rank outsider to the Republican candidate, but his chances now look as patchy as his tan," the company said in a statement. Despite Trump’s Make America Great Again message appealing to many disillusioned voters, it looks as though America are going to put a woman in the White House."

http://www.ibtimes.com/hillary-clinton-already-won-2016-election-irish-bookie-claims-democrat-nominees-win-2433449?utm_source=internal&utm_campaign=incontent&utm_medium=related1

That's all they wrote.

4 hours ago, Bob9 said:

Hillary's supporters are just the same as Hilary.  Despite the best efforts of all the hillbots, this is the real Briebart poll.  And I could post a whole lot more - Trump clearly won debates 2 and 3. And who will ever forget "you would be in jail".

Poll.png

The Trump Train got derailed by a bus.

8 hours ago, Bob9 said:

Poll.png

Another demonstration of ignorance. At the time I and others reported, Trump was losing and losing badly. And there are so many things that make these online polls junk. To name just one: you can vote as many times as you like.

21 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Another demonstration of ignorance. At the time I and others reported, Trump was losing and losing badly. And there are so many things that make these online polls junk. To name just one: you can vote as many times as you like.

So you consider your opinion more important than that of 271,623 others?

Oh and the possibility to vote as many times as you like, applies to both sides.

13 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Oh and the possibility to vote as many times as you like, applies to both sides.

Because they have no basis in statistical principals. They tend to draw people who visit the website. People who visit the website tend to be right wing.  If the Huffington Post were to offer a similar poll, it would skew towards Clinton.  I would say that you need to brush up on statistics a bit but really, this all this requires is basic common sense.

20 hours ago, dunroaming said:

It's not over until it's over no matter what the polls say. Trump is dying a slow death now but will still draw breath for a little longer

It's not over until the fat lady sings then gets insulted by Trump.

It's confirmed, Trump has booked tickets at a performance for both to occur, on Monday, November 7th.

It's SRO.

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes - you sure showed that ignorance again.  As I said, DESPITE the hillbots voting again and again, the inevitable result was that Trump won the poll.  And there are many polls that also show this too. But you stick to CNN and NBC (any MSM) polls and you will see the same thing as they did in the UK before the Brexit vote - the MSM polls are wrong.  

15 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I do. NONE. He did not know any.

He did not actually meet him anyway. They were both interviewed by the same show, the interviews happened to be broadcast on the same night. They did not speak.

Depends which of Trump's versions you choose to believe.

Donald Trump gets a Full Flop for whether he's had a relationship to Vladimir Putin

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/01/donald-trump/donald-trump-gets-full-flop-whether-hes-had-relati/

Here’s the Deal With That Putin 60 Minutes Episode Trump Mentioned

http://time.com/4108198/donald-trump-60-minutes-putin/

4 hours ago, Bob9 said:

Yes - you sure showed that ignorance again.  As I said, DESPITE the hillbots voting again and again, the inevitable result was that Trump won the poll.  And there are many polls that also show this too. But you stick to CNN and NBC (any MSM) polls and you will see the same thing as they did in the UK before the Brexit vote - the MSM polls are wrong.  

Nope. The polls before the brexit referendum showed the race as pretty close - mostly within 2% of being tied. Right now they show Clinton an average 6% ahead.

4 hours ago, Bob9 said:

Just like in 2008 and 2012. I can still remember in 2012 when right wing mathematical ignoramuses were jumping all over Silver for using an aggregate of the polls to call the election.  And you know what, he only called 50 out of 50 states correctly.  But I have to confess he did much worse in 2008. He only got 49 out of 50 right.  Tell me, how did your predictions for those elections turn out?

4 hours ago, Bob9 said:

I do not understand you guys.  If you don't trust the likes of CNN and NBC, what news outlet do you trust??

3 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Just like in 2008 and 2012. I can still remember in 2012 when right wing mathematical ignoramuses were jumping all over Silver for using an aggregate of the polls to call the election.  And you know what, he only called 50 out of 50 states correctly.  But I have to confess he did much worse in 2008. He only got 49 out of 50 right.  Tell me, how did your predictions for those elections turn out?

Everyone knew Obama would win 2008. And it was clear he had not (yet) done enough wrong to be thrown out in 2008.  But I do recall another Democrat getting booted out after 1 term - a long time ago - ring any bells?

proxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

Everyone knew Obama would win 2008. And it was clear he had not (yet) done enough wrong to be thrown out in 2008.  But I do recall another Democrat getting booted out after 1 term - a long time ago - ring any bells?

proxy.jpg

You don't seem to get it. It isn't about 1 poll. It's about the aggregate of polls. And there's a lot more polling done now. And a lot more sophisticated analysis. Maybe everyone did know that Obama would win in 2008,  But hardly anyone called 49 out of 50 states correctly. And in 2012 the Republicans were loudly asserting that the polls were skewed to favor Obama. Nate Silver called all 50 correctly. And it turns out that the polls actually underreported Obama's margin of victory.

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You don't seem to get it. It isn't about 1 poll. It's about the aggregate of polls. And there's a lot more polling done now. And a lot more sophisticated analysis. Maybe everyone did know that Obama would win in 2008,  But hardly anyone called 49 out of 50 states correctly. And in 2012 the Republicans were loudly asserting that the polls were skewed to favor Obama. Nate Silver called all 50 correctly. And it turns out that the polls actually underreported Obama's margin of victory.

So what did Nate call in 1980?      Only kidding.   But did Nate predict yes to Brexit?  And what did Nate predict about Trump's chances of winning the Republican nomination?

I recall recently reading about an academic who had a 'system' that had correctly predicted the last 12 POTUS elections and he was predicting Trump to win (just). His methodology seemed sound, although he missed one variable in his list - the number of women who will vote for Clinton because she is a female. IMO that always been Trump's weakest point - and Clinton's strongest (certainly not her record in Office).  It is going to be close - and it is too early to predict IMO. 

16 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Some of those votes are mine. I went to Breitbart and voted for Trump. And I voted Often.

I'll go vote again soon. Maybe I can help turn this around for Trump. Fingers crossed.

T