Policeman charged in shooting of Prachinburi mayor's son gives himself up

webfact

Policeman charged in shooting of Prachinburi mayor's son gives himself up

a5.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A policeman who admits to shooting the son of the mayor of Prachinburi gave himself up to colleagues yesterday. 

He is also charged with murder of another man following a violent altercation at a local restaurant earlier in the week.

The local police chief has promised justice in the matter.

Sumet In-euam gave himself up yesterday morning along with his Smith and Wesson .38 revolver that was used in the shooting, reports Daily News.

He is charged with the attempted murder of 30 year old Nukoonkit Phakpiansin a provincial councilor who is the son of the mayor of Prajinburi Bunreu Phakpiansin.

Another man was shot dead.

Sumet has been arraigned on charges of  murder, attempted murder and weapons charges. He said he intends to fight the case.

The altercation happened near closing time at the Rachada Restaurant as Sumet was about to pay his bill. He said that a man called "At" came up to him demanding he apologize to a friend called "Chai" over a previous incident.

A fight broke out in  which Sumet said he was hit over the head by a bottle. He said he had to shoot his way out after he was surrounded by ten men. He claimed he was shot at in the melee as he tried to make good his escape.

Relatives of the policeman turned up at the court to post bail.

The dead man was not named in the report.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-21

Seriously! when is the Prayuth Government going to reform the Police Force? Its a shame really for thai people. The thai police seems to be the biggest criminals here in thailand! every month, you can read in the news about Police personnel committing criminal activities. The thai people should really do something to ask for Police Reform.

Son of a mayor who happens to be a  provincial councilor send his lacky to sort out a previous altercation because he lost face, get his lacky and himself shot... you're never too hiso to escape a bullet 

Just my speculation.

2 hours ago, kmj said:

Son of a mayor who happens to be a  provincial councilor send his lacky to sort out a previous altercation because he lost face, get his lacky and himself shot... you're never too hiso to escape a bullet 

Just my speculation.

Sumet probably insulted the mayors son by putting his foot under the mayors sons foot who then stepped on Sumets foot. The ensuing comment from the Mayors son: "How dare you put your foot under my foot? you cockroach!"......

Edited by AlQaholic

4 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Seriously! when is the Prayuth Government going to reform the Police Force? Its a shame really for thai people. The thai police seems to be the biggest criminals here in thailand! every month, you can read in the news about Police personnel committing criminal activities. The thai people should really do something to ask for Police Reform.

If its true that the guy broke a bottle over a cops head, then in a civilized society he would be responsible for all things after that. Its kind of hard to use good judgement when you just had a bottle busted over your head. I do agree that police reform is needed but I'm not ready to throw this cop under the bus.

22 hours ago, Canceraid said:

I think the police situation has gotten worse since the coup takeover.  When there is no civilian oversight, it would seem to me the police are sometimes ineffective and walking on egg shells on many cases as they try to sort out who is involved and if they have strong relations with the military in power.  There is no way the military can get involved in every day to day operation of all the police everywhere.  There aren't enough military personnel to do that.  There always was some corruption with the police.  But now with the military led government, the police have an extra layer of "bosses".  Basically no clear lines of authority.  Supposed civilian police, civilian courts, then the military courts.  Not a good situation.