Pattaya loan shark and debt collector arrested

rooster59

Pattaya loan shark and debt collector arrested

shark.PNG
Image: Daily News

PATTAYA:-- Police announced the arrest of a debt collector who was threatening people and a loan shark who was his boss.

The case cam about after complaints from a woman named only as "A" who said that someone had come to her house to threaten her.

Police and soldiers set up a sting as she lured the debt collector and he was arrested after he arrived on a motorbike. He was named as Pramot Kertmanee, 24.

Pramot wasted little time in dobbing in his boss who he said paid him 7% of the proceeds he was able to recover. Kiangsak Kertkong, 38, was caught in Soi Khao Noi in Pattaya.

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai a man running a Ponzi scheme was apprehended.

Sasatra Samart, 21, was arrested in the Sarapee district along with incriminating evidence such as money, bankbooks and lists of victims' names.

The scheme had a turnover of some one million baht per month. He had been offering two cone one paying 8.3% interest a day and another 101% interest a year.

There were plenty of takers.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-22

23 minutes ago, rooster59 said:
The scheme had a turnover of some one million baht per month. He had been offering two cone one paying 8.3% interest a day and another 101% interest a year.

Hard to protect people from their own greed and crass stupidity when they are this extensive. Some would ask, why bother?

The line between desparation and outright stupidity is awfully hard to distinguish here at times.

The general population know full well how these crooked outfits operate, and the depraved lengths they go to when demanding payments, but still lap up the extortionate loans without hesitation. 

It is a sad situation that we never hear how the crooks' convictions and sentences stack up in relation to the misery they cause. I'd bet a lot the punishments are paltry because the lending gangs seem to be doing wonderfully well ?

20 minutes ago, z42 said:

The line between desparation and outright stupidity is awfully hard to distinguish here at times.

The general population know full well how these crooked outfits operate, and the depraved lengths they go to when demanding payments, but still lap up the extortionate loans without hesitation. 

It is a sad situation that we never hear how the crooks' convictions and sentences stack up in relation to the misery they cause. I'd bet a lot the punishments are paltry because the lending gangs seem to be doing wonderfully well ?

the desperation you referred to I think has a lot to do with losing face at not having something.

As an example one of the staff members in the management office where I live asked me if I could help with a loan because the Zoomer motorbike was just about to be repossessed because of an inability to keep up the payments. I simply said I wasn't a bank.

Next thing is the Zoomer had gone but the month later the person in question had downgraded to cheaper motorbike (still brand-new) but it was obvious from the reaction that the Zoomer was far preferable from an image point of view.

Edited by Asiantravel

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Kind of reminds me of today's stock market. Anybody want to buy a single share of Priceline only $1467.39 what a deal. If not we have lots of other overpriced stock to sell you. Yes we know what W.C. Fields said.