Senior cop shoots himself in front of Sakorn Nakorn station

rooster59

Senior cop shoots himself in front of Sakorn Nakorn station

cop.PNG
Image: Daily News

A single shot rang out in front of Phanna Nikom police station in Sakon Nakorn yesterday morning.

Officers ran out of the station to see what had happened. They were shocked to see their respected colleague Somsak Yuthapreechanan, 55, lying in a pool of blood clasping his 9 mm gun.

They saw his last gasps of breath before he passed out and was dead.

He had shot himself in the right temple.

Fighting back his emotions and shock, station chief Sukit Uamwong said that Somsak was a policeman in the media and technology section of the station. 

He said that the respected cop had complained frequently of bad headaches recently and had said that he was to travel to Chulalongkorn Hospital in Bangkok this Sunday to get treatment.

Sukit thinks that the pain of the headaches must have been too much to bear and led his colleague to take his own life. The body has been sent for autopsy.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-23

14 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I suspect there's more to the story than bad headaches.

maybe , but as a sufferer of cluster headaches for the last 30 years i can tell you ,some days shooting your self would be very easy .

16 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I suspect there's more to the story than bad headaches.

Until you have ever had cluster headaches, you will never know the pain that's associated with them. It can last for several hours with very intense throbbing pain that effects your vision. They can last for several months and even longer with occurrences several times a day. It's worse than what a woman experiences during childbirth. The pain is so intense that it will make one go to extremes to stop them, even suicide. I know, I get them as well.

If it was that bad, his colleagues and station chief should of made him go to hospital.  Put him in the car and given him a ride.  Sometimes you have to intervene, even if they protest.

Edited by 55Jay

2 hours ago, randyoon said:

Until you have ever had cluster headaches, you will never know the pain that's associated with them. It can last for several hours with very intense throbbing pain that effects your vision. They can last for several months and even longer with occurrences several times a day. It's worse than what a woman experiences during childbirth. The pain is so intense that it will make one go to extremes to stop them, even suicide. I know, I get them as well.

How do you know that it's worse than what a woman experiences giving birth? Are you female and a mother?

9 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

maybe , but as a sufferer of cluster headaches for the last 30 years i can tell you ,some days shooting your self would be very easy .

Absolutely !  As a fellow sufferer at random times  for  unknown cause I  am aware  cluster  headache is often termed  " suicide headache".

"headache" is a soft description  of the  agony that those who have  not experienced it have  no concept of the all consuming  agony of what it is.... or the frustration in never identifying a singular cause.

Especially when a  common medical suspicious assumption is a tumour .

Not  invalid in some cases, but in denial of episodes that are  now also suspected to be the cause  of bizzare and sometimes lethal  behaviour in animals such as elephants.

It is  not   migraine as   many assume.

I would  wish this random acute curse  on nobody !

In the instance of this person shooting himself  there is  every possibility he  succumbed to it.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:33 PM, Baerboxer said:

How do you know that it's worse than what a woman experiences giving birth? Are you female and a mother?

Women give  birth repeatedly and presumably  willingly with  no recourse to suicide in the  event.

A cluster headache sufferer is  never willing and so tempted to suicide.  Perhaps that fact will provide a little insight as to the  nature of what you obviously have never experienced.