Bank Account

Show your passport and receive a bank account. Mind you its only a savings account, but you do get an ATM card within 10min. :o

Ok, can you tell me what Bank............because , I went to one in May......and they also told me to get some papers (didnt get what papers....his English was t.....) from the imigration.

Banks in Samui are fighting amongst themselves for your cash. Need a passport and an address. Any address. Will only get a savings acc. with ATM card, or a fixed interest acc. at anything between 3--5% :o:D:D

Hey Lite beer............

Do you mean any adress in Thailand ??

Any bank to recommend ?? Im in the Big Buddah, Tesco , Bophut area .....

Banks in Samui are fighting amongst themselves for your cash. Need a passport and an address. Any address. Will only get a savings acc. with ATM card, or a fixed interest acc. at anything between 3--5% :o:D:D

Hey Lite beer............

Do you mean any adress in Thailand ??

Any bank to recommend ?? Im in the Big Buddah, Tesco , Bophut area .....

Yes . sorry . Any address in Thailand even if it is not yours. I am in Lamai , dont know Bophut banks. Any one will give you a savings or fixed interest acount . I guarantee. No mater what kind of visa you have. One thing, when you apply leave the poodle at home (joking)

I have accounts with Ayudhiya and Siam commercial.

I got a basic account with Ayudhya, Ring road branch, Samui, just down the road from lotus. Only needed passport and any old address. Think I gave Green Mango Night club as my address!!

Picked up ATM card 10 days later. Got Internet banking as well.

Can anyone can tell me what the situation is with a bank account with hsbc (obviously i would need to set it up in BKK). I have an HSBC account in UK so I figure it would be easier to transfer funds instead of taking cash out of thai atm and putting it into a thai account??!!

chester :o

OK, whats the deal........Im told from some thai's that I can get an account in a bank just from showing my passport........but here on Thaivisa......its sounds not that easy....

I do have a Company in Thailand, but I only have tourist Visa.......what do I need to do ???

Thanks

A friend of mine went to open a savings account at SCB Chaweng yesterday and was told he needed to have at least 3 months validity on his visa. He was a bit annoyed as he already had a joint account and was wanting to get one in his own name (because immigration had told him it was better for him and his wife to have separae bank accounts as they are both applying for retirement visas - he did not get a longterm visa because he knew he intended to go and apply for a retirement one as soon as he got to Samui). The bank manager said it was a new rule that just came in and showed him an official looking thai document which he took a copy of but has not yet got translated.

SCB are normally very good so not sure what is happening.

OK, whats the deal........Im told from some thai's that I can get an account in a bank just from showing my passport........but here on Thaivisa......its sounds not that easy....

I do have a Company in Thailand, but I only have tourist Visa.......what do I need to do ???

Thanks

A friend of mine went to open a savings account at SCB Chaweng yesterday and was told he needed to have at least 3 months validity on his visa. He was a bit annoyed as he already had a joint account and was wanting to get one in his own name (because immigration had told him it was better for him and his wife to have separae bank accounts as they are both applying for retirement visas - he did not get a longterm visa because he knew he intended to go and apply for a retirement one as soon as he got to Samui). The bank manager said it was a new rule that just came in and showed him an official looking thai document which he took a copy of but has not yet got translated.

SCB are normally very good so not sure what is happening.

See this is what I mean..........anybody opened an account recently ??

Why don't you just walk into the first bank you come to and ask to open an account ?

If that fails then go to the next nearest bank. Repeat as necessary.

Better to find out for yourself, and not too much work involved :o

Worked for me.

Try Kasikorn, SCB, Bangkok and UOB.

Naka.

Edited by naka