Burying cement on the property

JAFO

Today I got a good laugh as a while back I told my FIL that when they are done with the cement work on the house construction don't bury it around as it never fails someday you will dig in an area and it will always be where you buried it. Of course my FIL (who I really like and respect) didn't do it.  He let the construction guys just bury it.  So this weekend my wife and I had a bunch of various trees and shrubs delivered. Sure enough as I started to dig I started hitting huge hunks of cement.  I looked at my wife and started laughing. My FIL smirked and I told my wife what did I tell ya about burying cement.  She looked at her Dad and said... he told you. You dig it up.  LOL.  Of course I helped but I had some good laughs and we dug it up and I heaved it into a pile  He came to me after and said. OK. You are right.  I laughed. It's all good.  Just a funny moment in time here.  

My Dad taught me that years ago as a kid as it bit us in the butt a few times and created a ton more work and effort.

Edited by JAFO

I have to say it would never occur to me to bury cement in the garden.....flowers much more nice.

Nice you get on so well with the FIL. I had to "shame" my wife into giving her Mam a kiss by kissing the old lady myself first....she did eventually give her a kiss and I got a nice pic. of it.

Another told you moment?   

If you aren't living in a farm, I seriously would consider what type of tree you are planting?   Many if not all home construction the water pipes are buried in the ground leading into the house. Unless you know exactly how they been laid planting a tree under into the ground can lead to problems down the row when the roots of the tree growing.  This is from personal experience. I've spent the good two years digging, repairing and mapping out all the water lines taking out all the trees and putting them in above ground drums. 

This is not a I told you so moment I wish on anyone.  This falls in the category "  This is Thailand "